Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police search for men who abused and killed kangaroos
The Australian Police are searching for three men who tortured kangaroos in separate acts of cruelty. They have videos from a seized phone that show horribly graphic images. Now they want to catch the men in the videos. Hopefully sharing the pictures of the men will bring someone forward to identify them.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-26/k...y/10306524

Whoever they are they are cruel and cowardly and I hope they can be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How very horrible. I hope these men are caught very soon.

If anyone sees videos of animal abuse posted online by the way, it's important to report it to the police first  before asking the website to take down the video. A video can identify perpetrators, and if the site takes it down, evidence is lost.

I heard of such a thing last evening (involving dogs) Hopefully the person who saw it on Facebook has reported it already to the police. I did urge them to. I did not see the video and couldn't find it, but they know where it is.
You are right, it is important the report videos to the police. They will see they are taken down when they are ready. There is a lot of evidence in a video. Usually the abusers don't hide their identities. There faces are right there and they can be recognized. Also the video is proof of the abuse.

Right now the internet and social media are a good and bad thing. It is bad that people want to display themselves abusing animals. It is good because we can catch them. Maybe people have been abusing animals for years and we know about it now because they can't resist  showing off what they have done.

I hope people who recognize them come forward. It wouldn't have to be friends. We all see a great many people that we don't know, but do recognize. We know where we see them and the police can work with that information.
Catherine

What is the current scenario?
It seems that the men have been charged with the crimes.  It will be a while before anything goes to trial, but there are videos so we can hope for a conviction.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/west...506lf.html

They need to be prosecuted fully and sentenced to the maximum. It is the only way to send a strong message to would be abusers that they won't get away with it.
Catherine

Zoo authorities in China say a kangaroo has been killed and another injured at Fuzhou Zoo in south-eastern Fujian province after visitors threw rocks into their enclosure.
Local media said the 12-year-old female kangaroo was "pelted" with rocks by visitors, with a sharp stone injuring its left foot and causing bleeding.
An autopsy reportedly showed the kangaroo probably died due to a ruptured kidney, after zookeepers treated the animal's injured foot but did not realise it was bleeding internally.
A few days later, a visitor allegedly threw part of a brick into the kangaroo enclosure, injuring a five-year-old male — but it is expected to make a full recovery.
Fuzhou Zoo's kangaroo breeder told Chinese media visitors sometimes throw stones to make the marsupials wake up or jump around.
The zoo has reportedly now applied for funding to install high-definition surveillance cameras.
It has also decided to only allow three of their kangaroos to be on show for visitors, while the body of the dead female kangaroo will be preserved and put on display.
Forget security cameras, put up a wire fence. What is the matter with people? Kangaroos are beautiful animals. Why would anyone want to hurt them?

Most of the fencing at zoos is to protect the animals from the people.
I have stopped people at Toronto zoo who were planning to throw something. 

I am glad they are planning to preserve the kangaroo and display her. People need to see what they have done and think about it.
Catherine