Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ikea in Italy welcomes strays
It's true, an Italian Ikea store welcomes strays into its store and lets them sleep in the displays. The dogs are fed and cared for and even neutered. Some lucky ones go home with customers. 

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/ikea-has...ep-inside/

This is a beautiful act of kindness towards homeless dogs on the part of a big company. They want the dogs to feel safe and have a comfortable place to sleep. It seems Ikea is a pet friendly company. In other places they donated doll beds to animal shelters for the cats to sleep on.

They now have a new line of furniture for our dogs and cats.

https://youtu.be/2fegRgewUp8

This is a direction that I hope other companies follow. Some of their pet furniture is very appealing. 
I would love to walk into a store and see a happy dog resting on a rug and look around and find special things for my pets that I can actually set up at home.  Now if only they would make a line of guinea pig furniture, whatever that would look like.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's absolutely wonderful for Ikea to do that!
I can just imagine the strays won't be neat, clean or tidy about the place, so that says a lot for Ikea. And for the people who use the store.
It makes a powerful statement too, and a huge call for help.
But how nice those strays have a dry warm place to go, and some help!

I can hardly believe I just read that about Ikea! Smiley34
I was surprized when I read it. Although I knew that Ikeas in different places have given beds for cats at animal shelters. I don't remember details, but Ikea is trying to have cool places for dogs while their owners shop.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3167485/First-came-Manland-doggy-parking-bays-IKEA-designs-spaces-customers-leave-pets-outside-shopping.html

I am sure lots of dogs are safe because of this. Clearly they have a commitment to helping animals. It is nice to see that in a big store.

I  love the playground for men some stores have set up. I am sure it makes it easier for the women to shop. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine