Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chanel stops using fur and animals skins!
Smile 
This is yet another victory in the fight against fur and skins in the fashion industry. Chanel joins a growing list of companies that no will longer use animal products in their fashions. They admit that there was pressure from animal rights groups and that it was difficult to find ethical sources for skins and fur. 

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsan...mal-skins/

I am happy to read this because they were using reptile skins. That is particularly nasty since reptiles are usually skinned alive and left to die. They can't even do the decent thing and kill the already skinned animal. They just discard it to die slowly. 
No fur is harvested nicely either.

Good for Chanel. They may have been responding to pressure, but at least they responded.
As more and more companies stop using fur, it will put pressure on other companies to do the same.
I wonder who the last holdout company will be. I am betting it will be Canada Goose with its coyote fur trim on its parka hoods.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is good news, and I am very glad to hear it.
But it took them some time, didn't it?
That tells me that they weren't that keen on the idea, and have only done it because of pressure of competition from others.
Anyway, it is very good news, and another step forward. Thank you Chanel.
Many of the companies are only changing because of the pressure of animal rights activists and a general change in public opinion. It is still a victory and we can be happy about it. It also tells us that we have to keep up the pressure. We  can get any behavior to change with enough pressure, but we can never let up the pressure. If we want a better world for animals we must be vigilant and active.

Good thing we never give up.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine