Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walkee Paws---leggings for dogs
Someone has finally invented protective leggings for dogs. She did it when she wanted to protect her own dog. From there she created a business.
It is a good idea. They protect the dogs feet and they also keep the legs warm and dry.

http://www.ladbible.com/news/animals-dog...s-20181209

I know for many dogs this would not be needed, but for the short haired breeds it could make a winter walk comfortable. 
Some dogs really feel the winter cold and do  not enjoy a walk. Especially in the city with its icy slush the leggings would make life more comfortable. Maybe with Christmas coming many lucky dogs will find some new leggings under the Christmas tree.

Dogs in coats are so cute. Dogs in coats and leggings is going to be too much. I bet dogs will like wearing them on a cold day.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well that's a very good idea for those more delicate very thin-coated dogs, so they can enjoy being outside and not be uncomfortable.

My neighbour has 12 tiny Italian Greyhounds and they have such thin fur it almost isn't there! Their coats are like the finest velvet with almost no length to the hairs.
One or two of them go out wearing "onesies" (dog coats with legs and some have a high collar to protect the neck.) These are made of soft fleece so don't prevent movement as they are very active dogs.

So thumbs up to leggings for cold little doggies!
Quote: My neighbour has 12 tiny Italian Greyhounds and they have such thin fur it almost isn't there! Their coats are like the finest velvet with almost no length to the hairs.
One or two of them go out wearing "onesies" (dog coats with legs and some have a high collar to protect the neck.) These are made of soft fleece so don't prevent movement as they are very active dogs.
This is a good idea for Italian Greyhounds. They must always feel cold.

The leggings are great with places that have cold weather, but they would also be good in places that have wet winter weather.
We can have deep dirty icy slush. It is hard to walk a dog in that kind of weather. Cold icy water is hard on dogs feet. Then they walk on the frozen sidewalk and the water on the feet can freeze.   

If I had a dog I would want to make something like this or buy it. She has the waterproof feet covering solved.  I expect to see some dogs wearing them this winter.
Catherine

The roads are very muddy round here and it is not practical to give Forgy a shower every time he goes out for a walk. So I will take a good look at these boots....
They are almost like rubber boots for dogs or hip waders. If they would help keep Forgy dry and clean it would be worth it.

I don't know which is worse, the cold icy conditions or the wet muddy ones.  Either way it would make walks more pleasant and cleanup after has got to be easier.

If you get Forgy some special boots or leggings we would love to see a picture of him wearing them. I bet he would look smart.
Catherine

The boots for Forgy would be a sensible idea.

I remember when Misty used to have to walk through mud. I always had to come up with a strategy, which meant we had to walk through wet grass before she could come inside! Now here, that was easy. I used to walk her back through the orchard. She didn't know it was a "strategy", she loved the orchard.

The worst thing was her belly, which got mud-splashed. I would sometimes wipe her down well with clumps of wet grass before we got home. Or, failing that, turned my kitchen entrance into a "mud room for Misty" and used up wads of cheap kitchen roll. I used to buy Asda's bulk packs. I'd wet a wad with warm water, clean her, then dry her off.
She hated it but it was quicker and easier than a shower which she hated even more!

I didn't need her muddy in the house. She slept in my bed. I didn't mind some organic stuff like leaves and grass in my bed....but not mud!
I am trying to picture a muddy wet Misty. It would have taken a whole wad of kitchen roll to dry her off.

Kitchen roll is great. I use it to clean up snake poop. One sheet is a little mess. Two sheets is a normal pile. Three sheets is a big wet pile of something that smells as bad as it looks. I don't think I have ever had a four sheet mess. I don't even want to think about the possibility.

At least they now make leggings to keep dogs clean and mud free.   Belly mud would be a bit worse. You would have wanted to do a good clean up before Misty slept on the bed with you. Maybe dogs need a full rain suit in some weather.

I hope Forgy will like keeping his feet and legs mud free. That has got to make post walk clean up a bit better.
Catherine