Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two cats rent a $1500-a-month apartment in Silicon Valley
The two cats belong to someone's daughter and he is paying for a place for her cats while she is in college.
It is odd to think of cats having their own place. They seem to be fine and they look very comfortable. It must be odd to be the landlord for two cats.

https://people.com/pets/cats-living-in-s...ent-alone/

Those cats have a nicer place than I do and they are getting a very good rent. Of course they don't use a lot of water or electricity and they are probably quiet neighbours. Many pets wouldn't be happy in their own home like this, but the cats seem to be handling it very well. I wonder how many cats secretly wish they had their own place. I hope they don't get ideas from this story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-17-2019, 05:22 PM)Catherine Wrote: The two cats belong to someone's daughter and he is paying for a place for her cats while she is in college.
It is odd to think of cats having their own place. They seem to be fine and they look very comfortable. It must be odd to be the landlord for two cats.

https://people.com/pets/cats-living-in-s...ent-alone/

Those cats have a nicer place than I do and they are getting a very good rent. Of course they don't use a lot of water or electricity and they are probably quiet neighbours. Many pets wouldn't be happy in their own home like this, but the cats seem to be handling it very well. I wonder how many cats secretly wish they had their own place. I hope they don't get ideas from this story.
Yes the cats look very well. But I hope they will get some human company also in that apartment....if not all the time, then maybe a couple of times a day for an hour or so. (and no doubt they are strictly "indoor" cats so have no natural stimulus or company apart from each other and their cat trees, etc.)

I can understand the predicament, as they were not happy with the dog in that other apartment, so are happy to be free of that!

It's a pretty posh solution. I am sure the cats will be fine. I hope when the girl has finished her studies, she can rent her own apartment and have her cats with her.
They do have their own TV so they can have entertainment. They do have someone coming in to feed them. So they have some company.
I wonder why they don't rent a nice place for the daughter so she can have her cats with her. Maybe it is not possible.
It would be good if they found a live-in cat sitter. They could offer free rent if you look after the cats. 

I am impressed that the cats are being so well cared for. Of course they are his daughter's cats and he must have promised to look after them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine