Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Florida law will make animal cruelty a felony
This new law if it passes, will make it a federal crime with serious consequences if someone abuses an animal.  
It is called the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act (PACT). It is a strong recognition that we reject animal cruelty and want to do something to stop it.

www.wfla.com/national/florida-lawmakers-introduce-bill-to-make-animal-cruelty-a-federal-felony/1730731179

An animal abuser could get up to seven years in prison if convicted. This is more serious consequences than animal cruelty laws usually have. Animal cruelty is better defined by this bill. 

This is a real positive step towards protecting animals. I just wonder what will happen if this gets applied to the way animals are treated in factory farms. Animals can't be suffocated, but animals transported to slaughter are crammed so tight they often suffocate. Think about the bill and the way animals are treated.  This could have some significant impact if it is applied to farm animals. I hope the bill passes.  This kind of protection could make a real difference.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Great move good on them now we just have to get other govts to listen.
Things are getting better for animals in bits and pieces. One government fixes one thing and another government fixes something else. I hope that someday there will be enough good laws to tip things in favour of animal protection and stronger animal cruelty laws. It may take a while, but I believe it will happen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine