Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crocheted budgies, too cute!
I couldn't resist sharing this. I came across images of crocheted budgies. Someone did these birds for a friend who can't have their own bird. It is cute and it is thoughtful..

boingboing.net/2019/01/28/crocheted-budgies-for-a-frien.html

The idea is that for someone who can't have a bird you could make them a crocheted bird. I guess if you can't have a pet it is better than nothing.
Maybe I could crochet snakes and lizards for people who can't have one. I like the idea.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a sweet idea.
Even someone who already has animals may like a crocheted Budgie. Especially those with cats or dogs. For toys.

And for those who can't have a pet it's a "cuddle-buddy" thought.

My mother's cat died, and she was already old and on the cusp of dementia. She couldn't have another animal, though had had cats all her life in the past, and one dog. I bought her a little bean-filled cat as a present. She really loved that little toy, more than I had expected she would. She gave "him" a name, but I can't remember it now. I will ask my brother.
She also had a huge Orang-Utang which she was very fond of.
Sometimes little knit or crocheted toys are really loveable. The little bean filled cat would have been a real comfort to your mother. Even with dementia she would see it as representing a cat. Maybe it reminded her of the cats she once had. 

I actually have a strange yellow/green knit dinosaur that I got at a garage sale 30 years ago. It has survived many rounds of clearing out junk. I just can't part with it. It lives in my laundry area so it is known as the laundryasaurus. It is funny how at any age we love little toys that look like animals. It doesn't make sense. We sometimes love the silly ones, like laundryasaurus, the best.

The budgies are just too cute. It would be fun to knit a set of them. 
I have the knitting needles, now I just need some skill at knitting.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine