Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Krinkle Snake is shedding!!!
I nearly lost Jake. I have been babying him ever since. Because he was doing so poorly he failed to shed his old layer of skin. I have been soaking him twice a day and doing every thing I can to help. He was recovered enough that he went into a second shed. This time he has to shed.  The old skin restricts his movements and covers his face so his breathing and vision are impeded. It has been scary because I know if he doesn't shed properly he won't make it.

I came home tonight and found Jake starting to shed.
[Image: GCT6HOCLcxsb0LmyhRystmDoQuKNHAYfFVeXbsIu...=w155-h275] 
You can see his skin looks dry and dead. Underneath is healthy skin, but the old stuff has to go.
[Image: Mw4UuI594X7jcYtPtb3ylk54cAZWptNit_jZsL1F...=w155-h275]He actually got some of it off himself! I am so proud of my Jake.

Now I am helping him and we have all the hard thick layer off his belly. That will make him feel so much more comfortable and he will be able to move easier.
I got the old skin off his face. Now he can breath easier. I got the eye caps off and  his eyes underneath are okay and now he  can see properly again. There are still patches to come off his back, but we can take more time on that. I am letting him rest for now.
He is starting to look like my old Jake again and I really think he is going to make it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wonderful news, Catherine!
Thank-you. I had good success and Jake is now completely shed. His eyes are bright and shinning again. 
[Image: KvUzf4katLmsG67DUbkjCPLK92O5O36Vhtu_lpZN...=w155-h275]
I think he looks pretty good.
He is sitting in my lap right now and I think I am going to have my beautiful boy a little longer.
We have had 9 beautiful years and now I know I need to cherish each day because there are only so many left for us to be together. It is hard to believe that it has been 9 years. Heart
Catherine

Jake still hasn't eaten, but he does look better every day.
[Image: f3qv2BLUlam1GPQjTALE5Sv53AJsVelrrwcvon1-...=w155-h275]
At least he is more comfortable.
Catherine

A quick update, Jake not only made it through a shed, he ate and has since had a good poop. He is still am older snake and I will continue to baby him, but he is going to make it. I am going to have my Jake with me a little longer. Heart
Catherine

I am really glad to hear Jake has shed and all is well.
I know how touch-and-go it was, and how you helped him every day for quite some days...soaking him etc. He will know how much you helped him, for sure.
Good lad Jake Krinkle Snake! 28
For most of two weeks I feared I would find Jake gone every time I came home. I felt was such a sense of relief when he showed signs of improvement. It goes to show, even when it looks bad it is worth trying to help an animal. Having Jake a little longer is special.
Catherine

Sadly Jake Krinkle Snake has died. He was a brave little snake who has finally left his damaged body behind.
Catherine