Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zoo declaws lion so children can play with it
Sad 
This is just so shocking. Rafah Zoo in Gaza removed the claws from a 14 month old lion female. They were pretty cruel in the way they did it. They seem to think that this will make the lion safe for children to play with. What about the lions teeth? 
Of course we shouldn't suggest that to them because they may do something even more outrageous  like remove all her teeth.

https://www.sde.co.ke/article/2001313152...ay-with-it

How could anyone do such a thing and how is it legal to do such a thing. You always think you can't be shocked more, butt his one shocked me. I wonder how the lion is and how much damage they did to her feet. I doubt she will ever be pain free. I just hope they treat her well now or at least release her to a sanctuary. No animal should ever be treated like that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

ugh that just makes me mad.  How in the world, in this day and age, can this is be allowed to happen?!  That poor lion  Angry
I was shocked when I read the article. It doesn't seem possible that anyone would do this.
We need much stronger laws to protect animals from mutilation like this. We have no right as humans to do this to any animal for any reason.
Catherine

I just saw this today.
Actually I also saw many other articles about Lions in captivity, and it doesn't seem to be working....
We have interfered with them so much. Now we are mutilating them to fit with sentimental values.
The whole thing is distressing. The zoo should lose its licence. Of course a zoo like that probably isn't licenced.  It is shocking that they even considered declawing a lion. Even worse, it will not make the lion safe because she still has teeth. Lions are not meant to be used in a petting zoo setting.  I wonder what will happen when she bites someone.
Catherine

Exactly. Declawing is cruel and unnatural - but the risk of children being bitten makes the whole idea dangerous as well!
There are probably no laws that actually protect this lion. If declawing were banned then the lion would be protected by that ban. However declawing bans are happening very slowly, on place at a time.

The future does not look good for that lion unless she can be rescued and retired to a sanctuary.
Catherine