Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby: from a garbage dump to a movie screen
Shelby was spotted in a garbage dump by an animal control officer who took her to a shelter. She turned out to be a sweet wonderful dog.
Film makers planning to make "A Dog's Way Home" were looking for a perfect match for Bella in the story.
Shelby was that match. 

/www.washingtonpost.com/science/2019/02/18/how-stray-puppy-rescued-trash-pit-became-movie-star/?utm_term=.a38060908d34

I haven't seen the movie, but I understand that Shelby makes the movie. It sounds like it will be well worth seeing, if only to see how a stray dog can make good in life.
Now that the movie is made, Shelby has retired and is pursuing a career  as a therapy dog. She has come a long way from her days at the dump, but she hasn't lost her sweet loving nature.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is sweet. I'm glad this stray dog got a good life.  Heart
What a happy and exciting thing to happen to Shelby! Thank goodness she showed up that day, in time to be rescued.
What a lovely dog she is. I hope she is happy in her new life.
I would VERY MUCH love to read Cameron's book, and/or watch that movie. I will have to wait until it gets to DVD or Netflix.

(edit...I just bought the book on Amazon uk. There was a second-hand deal and it only cost me just over £4.)
I love the second hand Amazon book deals. You can get things much cheaper.

The movie sounds good and I am happy things worked out for Shelby. Who knew any shelter dog could make it in the movies.
Catherine

Well...I got the book "A Dog's Way Home" by Bruce Cameron and have stayed up too late to read it!

The story is written from the dog's point of view.
I don't always like that style, but I do this time. Bruce Cameron does it splendidly. Human conversations and affairs weave in and out of this first-person narrative easily, so the story flows well.
I like this book very much. Five stars so far and I am only about a quarter of the way in.
Quote:Well...I got the book "A Dog's Way Home" by Bruce Cameron and have stayed up too late to read it!
I will check out my local library system and see if they have it. It sounds like a good book. First person from the dog's point of view can be very interesting if the author understands dogs. He would have to know what it feels like to be a dog to understand how a dog would feel about things. Five  star is a high rating so he must do it very well.

So now I have a book and a movie that I want to spend time with.
I would like to see the movie so I can see Shelby in action. I am sure the movie will be available soon enough.
Catherine