Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell Jake Krinkle Snake.
Sad 
These past months I have worked hard to keep Jake going, but sadly his body was failing and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I have just been giving him as much time as possible and snuggling and cuddling when I can.

Last night I spent a lot of time with Jake because I sensed the end was near.

[Image: lOX78rhQwGTPS1v5aJbbKy_UHL3sdI94JTvlOBeX...=w207-h275]
He spent hours resting on me quietly. It is all I had left to give him.

This morning he was weak. I gave him a goodbye kiss before leaving for work. Sometime during the day he slipped away.

For the last decade Jake has been my little hero. He has always been happy in spite of his serious deformities. 
In his prime he was a handsome snake and he did okay.
[Image: QOsO2lVe-qf1OwLywpxRzE8dAdCwJKz0pchAgXaT...=w367-h275]
He wasn't fast, but he tried and succeeded in crawling across the floor.
[Image: lXq1Ktyd9mp5_WkYY5fywDTe4HLz4BUqGMnILebM...=w367-h275]
I was so proud of him when he climbed out of his tank. It took him an hour, but he didn't quit trying.
[Image: vN7NWCg2c-V8rFxHcSF8BkK9s-YoTo1MzXy6UzPF...=w207-h275]
Who can forget baby Jake tying himself in a knot and then being unable to get free.
[Image: jBJD-HxckovVut7A8pLZxl1CpWko5YA778gDFLWS...=w367-h275]
He was never able to shed without my help.
[Image: AirFmQahJzoFaj50G1ASINEP5iwgEQC1mcqMiq8k...=w207-h275]
Jake and I have been very close all these years. It is going to seem so strange to not have Jake need me.
[Image: My4_dS0SxHUVpIyZNyb9tXmqNkm3IP6gx0A5Rba9...=w367-h275]
In his prime Jake really was beautiful and he never knew how deformed he was. 
Against all odds Jake had a full life.
It is hard to think of him being gone, but we had so many good years together. I fell in love with him the moment I saw his poor little deformed body. I shall miss him, but I am so glad we had the time we did. 

Goodbye sweet Jake. Thank-you for the time we had together.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

One of the saddest things about losing Jake is spending the whole day putting away Jake's things. There are blankets and towels and his "bath" all over my place. Jake certainly occupied the place.  It is hard to believe he is gone. I have put so much into caring for Jake all these years and suddenly it is over. It is going to take some getting used to.
Catherine

I'm so sorry to here about Jake!! I remember back when you first got him and over the year all the care that went into caring for him. Crazy that I've known you that long! I think about him often when thinking about how he beat the odds thrown at him. Plus he has the cutest name! It's always sad when cleaning up after losing a pet. It makes it final that they are really gone.
Thank-you. 
We measure how long we have known our friends by which of our pets they remember. You actually remember Pigbert! It has been a lot of years.
I can't believe Jake was more than ten, but he was. Remember him as a baby? He seemed so unlikely to survive and yet he had such a strong will to live.  His name just seemed to happen and it was perfect for him.
Jake was a once in a lifetime pet. I will have other special pets in years to come, but Jake was his own person and he was special.

Sadly his tank still sits there empty, but not cleaned out. It takes time. I will have to do it soon because seeing the tank empty like that is getting to be too sad.
Catherine

Just seen this. I am very sad to read this, Catherine. I know how attached you and he were.

Farewell, dear Jake, and I wish you a happy continuation on the astral. You had a good life on earth, cared for by Catherine, despite your health problems.
I kept Jake going as long as I could. I kept him comfortable and gave him as many opportunities as his poor damaged body could enjoy. Now I have to let him go.
I do miss him and it is hard to remember that he is gone. I started to feed him and then I remembered that I never need to do that again.

I hope he is now strong and whole and able to be all his brave spirit wanted to be. He was a little hero and I was very fortunate to have shared so many years with him. He can join Pigbert and Jonathan and all my little damaged pets who are now free of their handicapped bodies. They were all brave and beautiful. Heart
Catherine

I have only just seen this sad news Catherine, and my heart goes out to you.
Dear Jake. Even I will miss him and I never met him. I could just sense what a special character he was/is.

You both had such a unique bond. He lived his life with your help and love. He lived well.
Now he is missed so much.

Putting their things away is always hard to do. But if you keep them safe they will always be those little physical marks of his life with you, which you can touch whenever you need to.

Dear Jake. Bless his Soul Heart
Thank-you. It is still hard to believe it is real. It felt like Jake would live forever with me. He depended on me for so much that a normal snake could do alone. I learned a lot about snakes from Jake especially about shedding since Jake never managed to shed alone. I am left with a thousand wonderful memories. And life moves on. I have quickly cleaned up Jake's tank and a young female about to lay her first batch of eggs is resting peacefully where Jake sent so much of his time. I hope something of his presence will guide her. She doesn't know what to do yet, but she will figure it out.

Jake Krinkle Snake will always be in my heart and my heart will always be with Jake. Heart
Catherine