Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan animal lab force feeding fungicides to beagles
Sadly beagles, because they are so nice, end up being used as lab animals. A Michigan animal lab is doing a fungicide study that Involves force feeding the chemical to a number of beagles. Those that don't die from the chemicals are killed and examined. There is no good outcome for these dogs. They are tortured until they are killed.

The Humane Society of the United States has been investigating this. They did a 100 day undercover operation and have now released a report. The animals are kept in poor conditions and when the study concludes any surviving dogs will be killed.

www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2019/03/13/humane-society-alleges-michigan-animal-lab-force-fed-beagles-fungicides

The Humane Society of the United States has a petition of their web site calling for the release of the dogs.

https://www.humanesociety.org/

This link is for US residents.

Outside of the US there is a different link.

https://action.hsi.org/page/39713/action...ng.id=hsus

Please sign and pass the links on. Too many dogs have died already and too many are still suffering.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is heartbreaking, poor Souls. They came into this world to suffer that at the hands of humans....

I signed the international petition.
I started to watch the video but couldn't get past the first part. I couldn't take any more.

This is cruel and unnecessary experimentation. I signed the international petition.
It is hard to watch animal cruelty videos like this one. It is hard to even know about them. 
It makes it worse when the company involved says the tests are not necessary in the first place.

www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/beagles-fed-fungicides-corteva-agriscience-humane-society-investigation_n_5c8a4f8de4b038892f4af274

We know that testing on animals is cruel and pointless. The company doing it knows that the tests are cruel and pointless. 
When will they stop doing it! It is stubborn stupidity that companies and countries still cling to the idea of animal testing. 
There are companies out there that have never tested on animals. If they can do it then there is no excuse for the companies that continue to use animals for lab tests.

This is the company that is sponsoring the tests.  

https://www.corteva.com/

They make themselves sound like the good guys, but behind the scenes they are having their product tested on dogs.

This is the product.

www.agweb.com/mobile/article/new-fungicide-from-corteva-agriscience/

They make it sound like such a good thing. If it is so great why do they need to torture and kill dogs? What effect will yet another chemical have on the environment. What effect will it have on our pollinators, especially the bees.
The fate of the dogs is the immediate problem, but this could be part of a much larger problem. 
Chemical companies are not known for protecting people or the environment or even looking out for a few dogs in a lab. There goal is to make money and they don't care who suffers in the process.
Catherine

I want to see these dogs out of there. And dear Lord help the people who do this to dogs or any creature.
I want to see those dogs receiving kindness and walking on grass.
If there is a big enough petition it will help. The groups fighting for the dog's release are experienced so they will do the best they can. The lab and the company sponsoring the tests may release the dogs to prevent and angry public backlash. I am sure we can find people to picket both sites and create a lot of bad publicity.

I believe there are rescue sanctuaries that specialize in providing for lab dogs. So if they try to say it isn't safe to let lab dogs go as pets, there is a solution to that problem.
Catherine