Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules-Discussion
I guess we need to have them and as soon as I can, I will sort out what they should be. If anyone has suggestions I am open to hearing them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I need to ask -is it possible for me to advertise my book here? It was published last night (Christmas Eve) and is the life story of my dog Misty, her rescue, life with me, and contacts after death.
I am unsure if I can post about it, or include a link to where the book is available, in my signature.

Regarding rules....the obvious ones are useful....like no swearing, no flaming other members, no meanness to others, and definitely NO SPAMMING!
I'm sure that members will be very interested to read the book. I've just bought a copy from Amazon (UK). I would recommend it, although to be honest I've only just started reading it. We will see what Catherine thinks, but my view is that the book is very relevant to members of this forum (animal based) and deserves a mention (perhaps a thread?). In the meantime anyone interested can search for "Angel from the Streets" on amazon.co.uk
Definitely you should advertise your book. Congratulations by the way.Smiley32 I think it is great that you got the story of Misty out for the rest of us to enjoy. I want to read it.Angel

Now where in the Forum should it go. Do we need a new section? I think we do. Can anyone suggest a name for the section. I will set it up. It should be in the general section, but it doesn't quite fit the other areas. Smiley43

Could we have a book section. I suspect you will not be the only member to write a book or stories.
Catherine

Quote:Regarding rules....the obvious ones are useful....like no swearing, no flaming other members, no meanness to others, and definitely NO SPAMMING!

You sum it up very well. I always say "Play Nice". It all comes to the same thing. Treat each other with respect, be kind and NO SPAMMING.

I put swear words in the Word Filter. It is in the Configuration section of the Control Panel. Feel free to add any words that you think should be added. I quickly put in the obvious ones before they could be used by anyone. I am sure I have missed some.
Catherine

(12-26-2013, 02:23 PM)Catherine Wrote: I put swear words in the Word Filter. It is in the Configuration section of the Control Panel. Feel free to add any words that you think should be added. I quickly put in the obvious ones before they could be used by anyone. I am sure I have missed some.

HAHA! That's going to be fun!
(Tobi....think up as many swear-words as you can, and feel free to write them down.....)Smiley54

No, seriously...that's a good idea. I didn't know about the 'word filter'.
Oh Catherine....I didn't see your other reply.
I'm glad it's ok to mention the book. Thanks everyone.

Perhaps we could have a "Books" section. Maybe people could mention books about animals that they particularly like...and where to get the books, (i.e. links) etc
Perhaps including films as well....?
I always like good animal films, and often run out of ideas. I like to find lists of interesting ones, or recommendations by other people.
I will set up a books section. I think it should be books, poems and movies or something like that. What do you think.
I think it is wonderful that you published a book.

The word filter was my baby on the old Forum. I loved it. I banned some brand names to defeat the spammers. Look over this word filter and see what words I missed. I don't like rude words and they could be given polite substitutes.
It is one of the fun things that we can do.Smiley4
Catherine

Well I got as far as my third swear-word, and the whole page refused to load any more!
It doesn't think Tobi should swear! hahahaBlush

A page for Books, Poems, and Movies is a great idea Catherine. Does everyone agree?
I think everyone will agree about a books section. We all seem to be on the same page about everything. I went ahead and set it up anyhow. It can be edited if we want to make changes, but I think it is something that we need.

I am curious about what word it refused to load. I will have to go into the control panel to see it. It can't be typed on the Forum. I think it is good thinking on the part of software developers. It saves us a lot of trouble deleting words. I never worry about spammers posting bad words. They might try, but they can't do it.Smiley4
Catherine