Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geek2MePodcast is Live...
...Kinda.  I told you guys I would let you know when my husband and I finally started our podcast.  We only have a 30 second teaser out right now but we should have the first official episode out next Wednesday the 17th.  We even already have our first shout out on a friends Podcast, Co-op mode Podcast!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-h4cus-adc2f2
"We will talk about anything under the sun from video games and board games to movies, tv, and more. If you can can geek out about it it’s fair game."

We are geek2mepodcast on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. As of right now we are only on Podbean but we are waiting to here from iTunes and once they are up we are going to RSS feed into the other podcast directories as well.  It's been a lot of work but man I'm so excited for things to come!  We are going to record our first episode tomorrow after we get back from the exotic pet expo.
So I have just listened to my first podcast. You two are going to have fun doing this.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say. I am a bit of a geek about somethings as well.

So you are off to an exotic pet expo. That should be interesting. Will there be lots of good reptiles there?
Are you in danger of bringing home a new reptile?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I tried to bring home a coral glow spider banana ball python but my husband wouldn’t let me ? he was so sweet! There were some bunnies to I nearly had. My husband joked about wanting a male gray bunny and naming him Bugs Bunny. To which I said if we found one at the expo then we are getting it. We did find a male gray and white bunny but the vendor never would speak to us. They also had potbelly pigs and were mostly messing with them but we couldn’t get any information on health or price or if he was even for sell so we just left.

More exciting news for the podcast. I created a logo today. Spent a total of 6 hours working on it. I flipped back and fourth between Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign to get everything just right. I kept running into forgetting how to do something so I’d have to search YouTube for a tutorials. I’m really out of practice so it’s not great but I’m super happy with it considering I haven’t messed with either program regularly in 5 years back when I was taking a graphic design class.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwN95BuBsiq/...qgu4yauxq0
The logo is good. I hear you about having to look things up. We forget details two weeks after we learn something. All the time you put in paid off.

I can't even imagine what a coral glow spider banana ball python looks like. It must have been really beautiful.
I googled the morph. I don't think I could have left it behind. 

What else did they have besides potbellied pigs and rabbits.

If you really want a rabbit the shelters will be full of them right after Easter.
Catherine

Oh this is great! Congrats to you and Kasey, Libby for getting Geek2me up and running!

Now I am beginning to understand what a Podcast is Smiley4  I just listened to the first one.

So....you can geek out about anything at all? This could become very popular. Happy beginnings, Geek2me Smiley34
(04-14-2019, 05:00 PM)Catherine Wrote: The logo is good. I hear you about having to look things up. We forget details two weeks after we learn something. All the time you put in paid off.

I can't even imagine what a coral glow spider banana ball python looks like. It must have been really beautiful.
I googled the morph. I don't think I could have left it behind. 

What else did they have besides potbellied pigs and rabbits.

If you really want a rabbit the shelters will be full of them right after Easter.

I really didn't want to leave the ball python behind it was beautiful and not very expensive.  Same for the bunny we really don't need to get any more animals right now.  We are inching towards moving and I really wouldn't want to stress a rabbit out with moving.  We already have a name picked out for the ball pythons though!  One day we will have one.
First episode is up and running!
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-38ifn-ae59b7
We even talk about our mini zoo of animals. We are super excited about getting to talk about anything we want really. You really can geek out about anything.

Podcasts are so addicting once you get started. You just have to make that first jump into it.
I will listen to the first episode tomorrow or should I say later today. I am running a little late and it is already the middle of the night here. It will be interesting to hear about your zoo and anything else you have to say.

That was an amazing morph of ball python. Of course at the next expo you might find something even better. You can house a number of ball pythons in the same tank if you don't want to set up another tank. Space is always an issue when you have reptiles.

It is best to wait until after a move before you get a bunny. They are so sensitive to change. When my friend moved she brought Luna Bunny to stay with me while they packed, moved and unpacked. When he went home they had set his things out the way he likes them, but in a new place.
No doubt a rescue bunny will come your way. I am guessing you will find an abandoned rabbit in the park and it will follow you home.
Catherine