Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNL tells girl to eat her handicapped pet chicken
SNL is Saturday Night Live, a comedy show. They do some funny/serious political humour. They heard about a ten year old girl with a pet chicken that walks with the aid of a wheel chair. For whatever reason they mentioned her on the show and told her to eat the chicken. The girl defended her chicken's right to have a happy life.

www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2019/04/us-girl-left-upset-after-being-told-to-eat-her-pet-chicken-by-saturday-night-live.html

Everyone knows it was meant to be a joke, but it was not well done. Why would a comedy show on National Television make fun of a ten year old's pet. It doesn't matter what the pet is. It just seems strange to make fun of a ten year old and say something hurtful. It is one thing for them to mock and parody political figures. They are public figures and adults. I don't see the humour in mocking a ten year old. 
That was not well done SNL. I expected much better of you.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well I have heard of the show but have never watched it.

One would imagine those people could suspend silly jokes just for a moment, to appreciate that the little girl had a bond with her animal friend, and just to respect that.

I wonder why the producers of a "laughs" show would have that little girl and her handicapped chicken on in the first place....?  There is nothing funny about it. Touching and charming -yes. Hilarious -no.
Usually SNL focuses on political commentary humour. It can be quite good. I just don't understand why they would focus on a child for any reason.
Catherine

I've never heard of this programme. Is it American? In any case, they would do better - as you say, Catherine - to concentrate on political humour and forget their very sick jokes about killing handicapped pet chickens. Is the presenter going to be disciplined for this very serious poor judgment?
It is an American show and it does deal with issues. I have seen some episodes. I understand that Alex Baldwin, the actor, does a very good Trump imitation. I can't imagine why they would comment of a child's pet for any reason. I doubt there will be any consequences, but they may not do anything like that again. I agree that it showed poor judgement. It doesn't fit the kind of humour they are famous for.
Catherine