Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double homicide suspect has previous animal abuse conviction
A man with a previous animal abuse conviction is the prime suspect in the disappearance and suspected homicide of a mother and her young daughter. They haven't found the victims, but they have reason to believe they are dead.
The connection between the animal abuse and the murders is so obvious. In many times they find a killer turns out to have an animal abuse history. In this case the man was already convicted of animal abuse. Perhaps that is what made him a person of interest in the first place.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5217032/calga...-speaks-2/

I wish somehow his animal abuse history had been enough to warn the woman. Maybe she just couldn't find a way to get away from him safely. Maybe when they convict someone of animal abuse they need to look around and see if there are other potential victims that are in danger. It is something to think about. Other dogs would have been removed from his care. What about vulnerable people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes this doesn't surprise me at all.
Did people like this always exist? Or are there more of them nowadays? Or is it that we hear more media reports nowadays?
It seems to me that there are a great deal of people born with harshness and cruelty in them, a wish to inflict suffering, and no compassion or even any idea of how to relate to others, and who do not care about other lives.
I think there were always people like this. We hear about it now because what they do is against the law. In the past animals cruelty was accepted by society. So was the abuse of humans. I think what is new, is our rejection of violence towards people and humans. We have changed and that makes us more sensitive to the way people and animalsare treated.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine