Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new snake pouch
I got a new "toy" for my snakes. We found it online and ordered in a number of them for the reptile centre.
I got the only purple one.

It is a pouch that I wear around my neck. There is a comfortable space for the snake to curl up in and then it has a plastic mesh window. The snake gets lots of fresh air. It can see out and it can stick its tongue out and taste the air.
It is early and still a little cold, but I took a pair of young snakes out and I think they liked it.

[Image: 8NOqqoSUeiu2nriOkssat4XkJKAvdW84rYxW3aSC...=w164-h291] [Image: okuoagp17QwaDSTrzAV7jnIOqBDgc3PDlzNPHmYo...=w164-h291] [Image: BDxVaYOpdwYMO4AnS9QiZWpSCpeQTPep3v0OvhFY...=w164-h291] [Image: ZnlONw21Gzx1f1UBTARe_d1S8rVc0QjetOrVoWE9...=w164-h291]

If you look at the mesh you can see a snake crawling around.
I think this is going to be a safe, fun way to transport a snake or even just go for a walk.
I can take the snake out when I get where I am going, but while in transit I can have my hands free.

Now all I need is some really nice weather.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The snake pouch looks great! And I love the pictures of you!
That looks like a perfect little pouch to take a snake out in. I bet they will sell very well at the reptile centre. Nice find!
They would also be perfect for travelling (if a snake had to be transported in a car for example.)

Have you taken a snake on the bus in one yet Catherine?
I have used the new pouch twice now to take snakes to the reptile centre. (nothing wrong, I just wanted to confirm that they were girls) I rode the bus and the subway. It was cold so I did have my coat on.  I can't wait until I can just walk outside and let the snake enjoy the fresh air. 

Both times the snakes liked the pouch and were happy to go into it.
A number of people already bought pouches. I think they are going to catch on. I can get an adult corn snake to fit comfortably in the pouch. I think it is a beautiful looking pouch and a really good idea.

I have a small one shoulder back pack for transporting Barrie. It is not easy to transport reptiles. Regular carriers don't work. They feel safer and are easier to keep warm in a small bag. Next time I take Barrie out I will get a picture.
Catherine

That is awesome! I need that!!! I love taking my snakes around town occasionally or to the reptile shows.
Quote:That is awesome! I need that!!! I love taking my snakes around town occasionally or to the reptile shows.
I think it is a great idea. They come in different colours and sizes. I think a ball python could fit the big one. I haven't tried it yet.

I can't find the pouch I have on the internet. This is the closest  I have found so far.

https://www.exoticnutrition.com/Departme...riers.aspx

I haven't found my pouch, but it was purchased online so it must be out there.
Catherine