Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Puppy Scam
There is a scam going on in Canada. I have seen articles about the scam itself. People are offered a free puppy online. There is always a reason why this puppy has to be given away.  The people are supposed to send the money to pay for shipping. Once the money has been sent, they never hear from the scammer  again. 
If the people choose to pick the puppy up in person they are given an address in Halifax. 

The people who live at that address knew nothing about the scam until people started showing up looking for their free puppy. In the last two years there have been 8 couples at their door looking for a free puppy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot...-1.5150105

It is a strange scam and I really feel for the people whose address was given out. It must be very distressing to have to tell people they have been scammed. There is no puppy.
This is a classic scam. Something is offered for free, you just have to pay to ship it. It seems too good to be true because it is too good to be true. People see a cute puppy picture and they lose all common sense. I hope making this public will help stop the scammers. No one gives a puppy away like that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a mean trick.
I am glad you have put this alert out Catherine, for anyone in Canada to be aware of.
A scam like that could easily start up in other countries too.
All these scams are mean, but this on catches  people  because  they want to help someone  trying to  rehome a puppy  and of course  they see a chance to get a valuable  puppy for free.

If you  used common  sense  you would  know that they wouldn't  have to work so hard the rehome a beautiful  perfect  puppy.  Anyone would  want him.

Whether it is puppies  or anything  else people  need to  think before they get involved.

This is so unfair to the people  who  have  had their address use by the scammers.  I  hope they catch whoever does this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine