Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada bans sharkfins!
Shark fins have been banned in Canada in honour of Rob Stewart, the film maker, who produced Sharkwater and died making the film Sharkwater Extinction. Some aspects of shark finning were already illegal in Canada, now it is illegal to even import them.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5411341/canad...harkwater/

It is still a shock that Rob Stewart is dead. All the wonderful work he was doing  seemed to be over. And yet, what he would have wanted, an end to shark fins in Canada, is actually taking place. Now we need this movement to spread until sharkfinng is banned everywhere.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm glad someone has started banning this barbaric practise.
Shark finning is a horrible thing. I can't imagine why anyone ever started doing it in the first place. 
I am even more shocked when people say they eat shark fin soup. Why? How could anyone still do this when we now know how the fins are obtained.
Catherine

I'm not a vegetarian I still eat meat but I'm looking into it more about the ethical practises,I will not eat veal, our neighbour just gave my husband a duck that he shot I'm against duck shooting I told him I won't eat it, a lot of the duck hunters are shooting prohibited species.
A lot of us still eat meat, but we can be ethical about it.
I don't eat veal. I wouldn't want to eat the duck either. I don't like the idea of hunting. You are right. Endangered species get killed by hunters. They also kill the best of a species because they are more noticeable.

I don't like how they raise some farm animals, so I try to make good choices about what I eat. I think increasingly people are going to want farm animals to be treated well. 

Banning sharks fins is just a basic thing to be against. There is no controversy. Shark finning is just wrong.
I hope these kinds of banns extend to other areas where our quest for "better" food drives us to commit acts of animal cruelty.
Catherine