Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Biscuit
Quote:I don't get any of it,if you can't care for an animal don't get it,all the pets I've ever had have had the best care we could give them my daughter had pet rats and guinea pigs growing up I've had ferrets,rabbits loved them all but my hubby is a bird person even when he feels tired he still looks after them if the day comes he can't he'll find them a good home.

That's the point. You get a pet you look after it. Their lives are not that long. I had someone abandon a hamster they were boarding with me. They have short lives. He only had six more months left at most, maybe less. How could they not look after him for six more months?

I can understand that circumstances could change and a person would no longer be able to care for a pet. It could happen. A responsible person would find a home for that pet. Too many people just leave the pet behind or drop it in the park. I once watched a person move out of the apartment above me. She came out carrying her cat. She put him down on the veranda, got into a taxi and drove off and left him. That meant the rest of us had to take care of him and find him a home. She didn't ask us to take care of the cat and she never looked back.

I have three guinea pigs right now. They are 6 months and about 18 months. They are all boys and I want the young piggie to bond with the older ones. That would free up one of my enclosures. I just know there will be other guinea pigs needing a home before the year is over, maybe even before the summer is over.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine