Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy Birthday Tobi
It is our dear member Tobi's Birthday. 
So on behalf of all of our Animal Lovers Web Forum family I want to wish you a Happy Birthday.

[Image: g34087.gif]

I hope you have a very fine Birthday and a wonderful year ahead.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A very happy birthday, dear colleague!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages...%2Fraw&f=1]
Thank you so much for your lovely birthday greetings, Catherine and LPC !
 I am having a very nice day. My brother is visiting and we just had beer and a good dinner
[Image: pup.gif]
Happy Birthday Tobi glad you're having a lovely day.
I am glad to hear you are having a good day with your brother. A beer and a good supper on a summer evening is a perfect way to end your day. Maybe a little Netflix later.  Enjoy your day and your weekend.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVzBjARTZK4WVq_DNT1Ki...0vDWiCsuvP]

Happy Birthday from all my snakes.
Just like last year I have a clutch of eggs hatching on your birthday and one of my girls laid eggs on your birthday.
Snakes like your birthday.
Catherine

Oh wow....snakes were born on my birthday! Smiley4  Well....eggs were laid, which may be a similar thing to a birthday.

And....did you all know, I was born in the "Dog Days" and so was anyone else who was born between 3rd July, and 11th (I think) of August.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_days

Don't listen too much to the "unlucky" part of the Dog Days, as written on Wikipedia. I feel I have been very lucky in my life.
In the ancient Egyptian times, the rising of Sirius (though uncomfortable weather happened around that time), created fertile ground for the future crops, as the Nile flooded, making rich soil.

Misty was born in the Dog Days too!
In Latin, "dies caniculares" - hence the French word for a heatwave, "canicule". See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_days (I wouldn't say the article was that negative, Tobi).

So you and Misty were both born in the dog days. What a wonderful and significant coincidence!
Snake eggs were laid on your birthday and a different batch of eggs hatched. Last year a batch of eggs hatched. 
I think snakes really like your birthday.

I had no idea why the hot summer days were called the dog days. I never linked it to the star Sirius. It makes sense.

I like the dog days. Yes it is hot and dry, but it is nice to sit around and enjoy the heat. It makes  up for the cold winters.
It must be a great time to be born. At a time when a baby is small and vulnerable, the air is hot and the days are long.
I think it gave you and Misty an advantage.

Food would be more plentiful and all very fresh. I think it is a lucky time to be born. My snakes certainly agree. Most are born during the dog days.
Catherine