Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faroe Islands' annual whale slaughter
As usual, the Faroe Islands have turned their waters red with blood as they butcher Pilot Whales. They even killed a pregnant whale. Tourists take selfies and children play in the carnage. The whole thing is brutal.
According to Sea Shepherd U.K. they have killed 536 whales so far this year.

https://people.com/pets/faroe-islands-an...hale-hunt/

We have talked about this before and they shouldn't harvest the meat because it isn't safe to eat. In particular children and pregnant women should not eat any of it.

https://phys.org/news/2018-06-whale-meat...azard.html

So basically they butcher many whales every year on the pretense that it is part of their culture and their food supply. 
It is not safe to eat and is even endangering children not born yet. 
I have to say this, if your culture involves butchering helpless animals in a mass slaughter, maybe you should look for other forms of cultural expression. 

There is no excuse for continued brutality as a cultural expression. It is time we all renounced such things. They make our whole species look bad.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(08-06-2019, 03:21 PM)Catherine Wrote: I have to say this, if your culture involves butchering helpless animals in a mass slaughter, maybe you should look for other forms of cultural expression. 

There is no excuse for continued brutality as a cultural expression. It is time we all renounced such things. They make our whole species look bad.

I am shocked and horrified, that this ritual hasn't been stopped yet. This is another animal holocaust.

The excuse of mass killing being "cultural expression" is wearing thin. There should be no excuse or this level of cruelty, stupidity and brutality.

And to expose children to this carnage? So the children grow up thinking bloodshed of innocent creatures is somehow "normal" and to de-sensitise them to cruelty? That is very wrong.

Wasting life like that (as the meat is not even fit to eat) is something only humans could devise. Very sad and unnecessary.
Quote:I am shocked and horrified, that this ritual hasn't been stopped yet. This is another animal holocaust.

The excuse of mass killing being "cultural expression" is wearing thin. There should be no excuse or this level of cruelty, stupidity and brutality.

We should feel totally shocked and horrified. Anything less than that response is worrying. 

What kind of people participate in butchery like that. If they needed to hunt whales in the past to survive we can understand that. There is a big difference between hunting to survive and a ritual mass killing of helpless animals.
I don't think it is cultural expression. I think they like the killing. They have developed a taste for brutality. Because they bring their children to this event, their children also will learn a taste for brutality.

The only things that will stop this are outside pressure and the children rejecting this. 
Tourists need to stop supporting it. We need to refuse to visit the Faroe Isles and we need to refuse any products that would come from the Faroe Isles.

The children can be changed through education. Maybe if the internet can show them how the world sees the slaughter they can look at it in a new light.

Mass killings are not cultural expression. There is nothing cultural about them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine