Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fur the Haul of It and other rescues
The name explains exactly what the group does. It is a group of long haul truckers who transport rescue animals.
The group is organized by one man, Josh Aldrich. He hauls wildlife and rescue cats and dogs. He even transported a group of skunks. He hauls animals all over BC and he has truckers that transport animals around Alberta. He is looking for drivers to take animals to Saskatchewan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c...-1.5240075

It is such a simple solution, transport animals to where they can be cared for. However it really needs someone who can make it happen. Some remote areas in BC are only accessible by road. To transport an animal in need there has to be someone willing to drive them. Truckers are on the road anyhow. It just needed someone like Josh to set things up.

I love hearing about the ordinary people out there who are doing extraordinary things by helping animals as they do their jobs. Transporting animals saves their lives and gives them a chance at a good life. I hope Josh gets all the trucking volunteers he needs to expand his work.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have decided to keep this one post even though this time it is a different dog rescue.

Sash-Mar Paws Helping Northern Dogs is a rescue started by one woman. She saves northern Manitoba dogs from culls by arranging to bring them to Winnipeg. She now needs volunteers to take a dog with them on a flight across Canada. You take your normal previously planned flight and take some dogs with you. 
In particular they need people to fly to Ottawa where Freedom Dog Rescue will meet them at the airport and take care of the dogs. Freedom Dog Rescue will arrange for them to be adopted.

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/winnipeg...-with-pups

I love the fact that people are working together on these rescues. Karen George connects with the dogs in need in Northern Manitoba. She saves their lives. Volunteers fly with them on their plane ticket (George pays for them). They are received at the other end by a rescue that is able to take in the dogs and find them homes. It takes the efforts of everyone to make this work, but it is worth it. The dogs are given a chance at life and it helps solve the northern stray problem humanely.

It makes me wonder how many other groups are out there that we haven't heard about.
Catherine

Bless her, Karen George, and what she is doing. I hope she gets the volunteers she needs for this. It is a great idea.
I am sure she will find her volunteers. Many people want to help rescue dogs. If you are making a trip anyhow and you want to help dogs, it is a perfect opportunity.
Catherine

Some faith in humanity restored. If they ever need help with transporting animals abroad, don't hesitate to contact me.
You could probably look for rescue groups in your own area. There are many groups out there. It is just a matter of connecting with them.  All these different groups coordinating to rescue animals is really amazing. I love reading about the work they do.
Catherine