Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Friendly Furniture
Some of this furniture is really creative. The cat friendly book case is an amazing idea.

http://www.themost10.com/furniture-desig...your-pets/

I love the chairs with animal hammocks. It is all really well thought out. I wonder if there is any guinea pig friendly furniture?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This furniture is so interesting! The wall-mounted cat bed is a good idea. I think many cats (if they are not too old and infirm) do like to be high up on something, and like their beds off the floor -unlike most dogs who don't seem to mind.
I like the "cat library" too....but I would actually think twice before putting books on it as I can imagine an avalanche one day...Confused I think it would be nice to just have it as a cat's climbing-frame.

Amazing furniture!

I have thought of an interesting idea....it would be nice to build a "Guinea Pig Village" where they can have their own 'condos' but streets to connect them to others' houses and gardens! LOL....parks and climbing areas!
(That would be likely to take up a whole room though...)
My piggies already take up a lot of the room and they walk back and forth between the enclosures(Murray and Robbie do wander). A guinea pig village is just taking the idea a little further.

I love the cat book case. I wonder if one could be designed to hold a number of different reptile tanks. I like furniture that does double duty. It is all very creative stuff and it really gives animals what they want, a special space where they can be near you.
Catherine

Cool pics!! I especially liked the hammock coffe table.
The only problem with these pieces is that our animals prefer to be right on top of us no matter where we are sitting. So all of these would have to be large enough to accomodate at least 1 human or they would never be used, lol!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Maybe they need to build pet furniture that humans can share. I think our pets would like that. Picture a giant dog bed that can be used as a human friendly couch, if the dog is willing to let you use it.

You are right, our pets want to be right on top of us. Smiley4
Catherine

I think that already exists, it used to be called "my bed", lol!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Smiley479
When I had four cats they owned my bed and I slept in it by invitation only.Smiley4 They each had a spot and I could slip in between them if I wanted.Smiley4

Even now without cats I still have animals running things. The guinea pigs own the kitchen. There are more piggie veggies than people food in the frig. I suppose they could make a frig with a pet door so our animals could help themselves to a little snack. My piggies could get their own breakfast and I could sleep in. I like the idea. I am sure there would be a few bugs at first, but I am sure we could make it work.
Catherine