Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New smilies
Have you ever managed to actually stump Google? It is a moment of triumph, puzzlement, and some disappointment. Like, did I seriously just ask something that the world wide web DOESN'T know how to answer? Blinksmiley

[Image: smiley-scared002.gif]
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
I just assume I haven't asked the question right. I try different ways of asking until I get a response. Okay, some things even Google can't do, for now. But I believe. The internet connects everywhere. If there is an answer, Google will want to give it to us.

Have you ever really stumped Google?DodgyIdeaSmiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I've seen her do it!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
I really have! Three times, actually. Once, it was late and I misspelled my searchword so horribly that Google couldn't even suggest a correction. The second time, I think my search was just too specific. And the third time I searched for something that apparently doesn't exist on the internet. Smiley36 I was very proud. Smiley14
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
I am impressed. 23
Google is not all powerful. I still love it though. The name has appeal.
I love the fact that the name has become a verb. People talk about Googling something and we all know what they mean.

I have been to specific a few times, but I always get a result of some kind even if it is silly. Google is not intimidated by me at all.85
Catherine

It take practice...a LOT of practice. As much time as Bock has spent on the world wide web, it was inevitable! Smiley62
mypetsonparade.com
I think when you grow up with computers you must learn to speak their language. I still remember life before the internet. I even remember life before Google.
I use the internet, but I think Bock understands what she is doing. It must be a different experience.Smiley43
Catherine

Definitely! I get a lot of eye rolls, etc: Smiley26,Smiley13,Smiley57,Smiley24,33,16, from Bock when I try to use "internet/computer speak".
I know a little but obviously I've got some learnin' to do!!
mypetsonparade.com
I love it when the tech support guys come out with a string of words that make no sense. I respond with dead silence or um, what was that and then they try to find "English" words to explain something for which I have no background anyhow. They must train them by having them teach computer to their grandmothers first.Smiley4
Catherine

Exactly. Way back in the beginning we spent a lot of time on live chat with our hosting company's tech support. I felt like such a "dim bulb". Heck we couldn't even figure out how to set up an email account, lol!
Bock hated asking what we considered "stupid" questions. I just told her they probably get hundreds of stupid questions, just like ours, a day. It got easier the more we did it.
They would rattle off answers and we were like "whaaaaat"?????
I will say though our hosting company has some of the nicest, most patient tech support guys I have ever encountered. If we asked nicely half the time they would just go in and fix/change stuff for us and then show us what they did. Great group!!
mypetsonparade.com