Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby deer shelter from the storm in a living room
While preparing for a storm a woman left her back door open while she checked her property.  When she came back three fawns had snuck into her living room to seek shelter from the storm.

https://www.littlethings.com/baby-deer-storm/3

They just look so cute sitting there in the living room. They knew there was a storm coming and they knew  where to get help.
Clearly the local wildlife know they can trust this woman. They knew her place was safer than being outside in a storm.
It would be nice to be so trusted by local wildlife that they come to you for help. Of course she must have earned their trust over time.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's cute.
Can you imagine finding three little deer in your living room. I would want to sit up all night and look at them.
Catherine

oh sweet baby!
Aren't they cute and pretty clever.
Catherine

What a lovely thing to happen ! I hope the deer mother wasn't worried about them.

They look so relaxed in there and out of the storm !

Actually baby deer are not so afraid of people. They haven't yet learned from their mothers. There were two baby deer in the orchard this past Spring, and they were interested in me, and not scared. I could even walk quietly past them by only about 3 feet, and they didn't even get up from where they were resting.
But when their mother barked a warning, they were off very quickly!

Those same babies stopped to stare at me a few times. I think the mother realised I was no danger, as she didn't look frightened of me herself (used to seeing me) but still she would bark to call them away.
The storm must have come up quickly and the babies sought shelter where they could. The mother probably couldn't get back to them in time. She would worry, but she would be glad to know they found a safe place.

I could picture a deer being used to you and knowing you are not a threat. She would still need to warn her babies because they would not know individual humans yet. You might be safe, but other humans could be a danger to them.  A lot of baby animals are born without fear. They trust whoever is around.

Seeing your two baby deer or the three fawns in the living room would be a special moment. The woman was known to local wildlife so knew she was safe and would protect them. They were right to trust her.
Catherine

Very cute deer pics. The pics of deer seeing the dog puppy is nice.  Heart 
If i will leave the back door open, what will i get ? Nothing but annoying human thieves.  Smiley13
If I left my back door open I would end up with a house full of squirrels and raccoons. Worse the raccoons know how to open frigs and cupboards. They can take the lids off jars and open boxes of food. It would be total chaos.

They would have a feast and then turn the computer on and watch Netflix. Raccoons here are very clever and they know how to make themselves at home.

Even worse the  raccoons would find my spare key and take it with them so they could let themselves in anytime.
Remind me never to leave my door open.
Catherine

(12-11-2019, 03:40 PM)Catherine Wrote: If I left my back door open I would end up with a house full of squirrels and raccoons. Worse the raccoons know how to open frigs and cupboards. They can take the lids off jars and open boxes of food. It would be total chaos.

They would have a feast and then turn the computer on and watch Netflix. Raccoons here are very clever and they know how to make themselves at home.

Even worse the  raccoons would find my spare key and take it with them so they could let themselves in anytime.Remind me never to leave my door open.

You live in a great place. 

Lollll Smiley4 --------- (Worse the raccoons know how to open frigs and cupboards. They would have a feast and then turn the computer on and watch Netflix. Even worse the raccoons would find my spare key and take it with them so they could let themselves in anytime.)