Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALWF turns six.
The rest of you may not be aware of this, but I can't forget. As I am setting up the renewal of the Domain name and the hosting I am very much aware that we are celebrating an anniversary.  It has been six years since we got the new version of Animal Lovers Web Forum up and running. The older version was also 6 years old so our roots go back 12 years. Can you believe it. We have a long history behind us and a good future ahead of us. I renew for 3 years at a time so we are good to go until 2022.  

Happy Birthday ALWF
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgz7bIjyXFf37X0aRi6Gq...eA-gY-qP&s]
Thank-you to everyone who has been a part of our journey.
Special thank-you to LPC and Tobi who encouraged me to set the forum up and who have been with me all this time.

A moment of remembrance for our dear Knight of Albion who is no longer with us.

Thank you everyone who has been part of our Animal Lovers family.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Gosh, six years! The time has gone quickly. Congratulations on being the site owner of a superb forum!
Ah, and dear Knight of Albion! His compassion and insight are sorely missed.

[Image: giphy.webp]
Thank-you. It has been a challenge and I have had to learn a lot in six years. Many times I would have been lost without your guidance. I look forward to many more years. I do miss the gentle wisdom of our dear Noble Knight. I like to think that his wisdom is guiding us still.
Catherine

[Image: hedgehog-child-1759027-340.jpg]
One of my favourite little animals  Wishing us a very Happy Sixth Birthday !

Six years have gone by very quickly.

Yes our dear Knight of Albion is much missed, bless him.
Happy 6th Birthday and well done to everyone that's made it a great little forum. Heart
The confirmation of our renewal came through so we are ready for the next three years.

The first 6 years  of ALWF has flown by. 
The first six with the original forum was just as fast. I still remember talking about setting up a forum with John. We grew out of his blog. He posted that his two male dwarf hamsters had just given birth and  I picked it up on a Google news alert and talked him through raising the baby hamsters and the second litter that was born 21 days later. In some ways ALWF was born that day. Once I started posting online it was inevitable that I would create a forum. It was my first computer and I had only had it for a few weeks, but that didn't stop me from jumping right in.
I don't always understand what I am doing on the computer, but that has never stopped me.

I want to give a special thanks to Bock, our Tech Wizard. Without her help and ongoing support ALWF would not be the forum it is today. She talked me through each step of the actual setting up of the site. Smiley62 Smiley5 There were some late nights that week. 

ALWF exist because we all worked for it so I hope you are all celebrating the day.

Quote:Welcome to the Animal Lovers Web Forum. We are the rebirth of the Animal Lovers Web.com Forums. After six years the forum crashed and we have lost our archives, but we will rebuild. So welcome back former members. You will have to reregister. Even I had to reregister.
And welcome to new members. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Catherine
Administrator
With this simple message I welcomed you back and welcomed new members.
I look forward to many more years of welcoming new and old members and posting about relevant animal issues, serious and not so serious.
Catherine

Quote:Happy 6th Birthday and well done to everyone that's made it a great little forum. [Image: heart.gif]
Thank-you. 
I have met so many wonderful people through ALWF. 
I had no idea it was possible to be involved in a forum let alone start one. It has been an interesting and fun experience. 
Even the spammers make it interesting. It is always a challenge to keep ahead of them. I just can't believe it has been six years.
Catherine

Oh wow. I can’t believe it’s been 6 years. When the old site crashed i love we were able to find each other again. You stepped up and took the responsibility of making sure we all keep going and keeping it a safe wonderful space to show off and talk about our favorite animals. New and old I’m glad to know you all Smile
Quote:Oh wow. I can’t believe it’s been 6 years. When the old site crashed i love we were able to find each other again. You stepped up and took the responsibility of making sure we all keep going and keeping it a safe wonderful space to show off and talk about our favorite animals. New and old I’m glad to know you all [Image: smile.gif]
We have been together a lot of years and it has taken all of us together to keep things going.

I can still remember making the first post on the new forum around 4am(when Bock and I finally had the software up and running). I went to bed and when I woke up there were messages from so many of you. It was the most amazing feeling and yes I sat at the computer and cried. We were all back in touch again and it felt so good.  Heart
Catherine