Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis the Koala dies
We all saw a brave grandmother run into the fire to save Lewis. It was hoped that he could be saved. The Macquarie hospital did all they could for him. Sadly Lewis' injuries were too extreme.  In the end all they could do was end his suffering. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/australia...index.html

At least he died in the company of people who cared for him rather than dying in terror trapped in the fire.
It is not much, but it is the only comfort we have when so many koalas have died. Sadsmiley
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It was so sad the put him under anaesthetic to treat his burns but they weren't getting better so they euthanased him,my friend has adopted a burnt koala,I just watched a video of a koala being treated hard to watch.
It must have been so hard for the hospital staff. They really hoped they could save Lewis. I know they are all doing their best and many koalas will be saved. Just not Lewis.  Sadsmiley

It is heartbreaking to watch the injured koalas. They are so gentle and treating burns is pretty rough. After all they have been through I hope they are able to live good lives and be happy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine