Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Polar Bear in a Grocery Store
Someone showed me this poem and it is well worth sharing. The writing is inspired. 

https://understoreymagazine.ca/article/p...ery-store/

Sadly it really expresses the plight of the polar bears. I can feel what the bear is feeling. It made me cry.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is such a beautiful poem, and expresses the Polar Bears' plight. If only more people could be as imaginative...

A little while ago I mentioned a fictional series by Erin Hunter, which was about dogs abandoned by humans after an earthquake. That was called "Survivors".

Erin Hunter also wrote a series about Bears: "Seekers", which is excellent yet heart-rending in places. The melting ice is an important part of the story. A Polar Bear who lost her mother to the water and a Killer Whale, seeks to return to the ice, and is joined on her journey by other Bears (who have their own stories of difficulties mostly brought about by Humans' misunderstandings.)

The poem brought those stories to mind.
The poem is so beautifully written. I felt it should be shared. The woman who wrote it lives in Toronto. I don't know her, but I know someone who does. She showed it to me so I could post it on the forum.

I remember you talking about Survivors. Now that you have reminded me I have written the information down on a post it note. That way I will remember to look for it. If I find Survivors, I should be able to find Seekers. They both sound really good.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine