Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our connections with animals
We have connections with the animals around us. This is not just our pets, we have connections with wildlife too. Many of us could tell stories of times we felt the connection with some animal.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot...-1.5495908

I don't know how many times I have had squirrels or birds watch me. I have had special moments with robins. 
I had a moment with  a starling years ago when I rescued her baby. I had to hold it over night because it was dark by the time I had the baby safe. In the morning when I took the baby outside the mother came down with a joyous cry to claim her baby. She knew I saved it from a cat. There was a moment when I felt close to her. 

I feel close to all the birds in my  garden. I plant trees and shrubs for them that provide natural food and shelter. They know me and they watch me plant things. When I am gardening the birds stay there with me. It feels good to have them there.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-14-2020, 04:28 PM)Catherine Wrote: I had a moment with  a starling years ago when I rescued her baby. I had to hold it over night because it was dark by the time I had the baby safe. In the morning when I took the baby outside the mother came down with a joyous cry to claim her baby. She knew I saved it from a cat. There was a moment when I felt close to her. 

Oh Catherine....that is a wonderful thing you did for that little Starling! It's amazing that the mother didn't reject her baby, but knew what had happened, and that you would help it. How lovely it must have been to see her flying in to greet it again!

A Robin helped me to find "God" Smiley4  Some years ago (2000) I had lost everything except my house. Deep loss and a loss of belief, hope, knowing what to do next. It felt as if I, and my life had suddenly become an empty space. An inexplicable emptiness.
I sat on my back step, and quietly asked God to show me He was real, and I would take it from there, step by step.

Immediately, a Robin flew down and stood about 3 feet away from me, staring at me, and didn't move for some minutes. I had seen Robins of course, about in my garden, but a thing like that had never happened before.

So that was a message which was impossible to miss! I re-started from that moment. Inch by inch, day by day.
I think we get messages from nature all the time, if we listen. That Robin was sent to you and you listened. You have continued to have close relationships with nature. I am thinking of a certain crow who visits you regularly. 

I think the mother starling saw me rescue her baby from a cat. The baby started screaming so I had to come to the rescue.
The baby hid behind some paint cans, so I was able to chase the cat away and get it out. It  had paint on it soo I brought it in to clean up the paint. It was dark before I was finished. I kept him safe all night and was outside first thing in the morning. Mom was in the tree watching my door and came to us right away. She accepted the baby back from me with a cry of joy. I just felt bad that she must have worried all night. It was a beautiful moment watching them greet each other.

I climbed a tree and put a baby robin(a large thrush like bird) back in the nest. All the rest of the robins were gathered around me watching. I am the only one they would let near the baby. When I got him back in the nest the parents came to him right away and the rest of the robins burst into song as I climbed down the tree. They all knew I would not hurt the baby. They knew I would help.
These are the birds that watch me plant trees that they  will really enjoy for both food and shelter.

When we are open to it we have special encounters with nature.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine