Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France allows people out to adopt pets
France is in total lockdown as it struggles with Covid 19.  The French Animal Protection Society shut its 62 centres to the public weeks ago. They now have 5,000 animals and capacity is 6,000. The SPA called for help and the government has responded. People will be allowed to adopt pets. They have to book online and only one person can come to pick the animal up. This will allow the shelters to reduce their numbers. It will also let people get much needed pets. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronaviru...-1.4892534

This is a compassionate response by the French Government. It will save the lives of animals and it will help people who are stuck at home. Sharing the lock down with a pet is really helping people. They feel less isolated and they have an endless source of entertainment. I hope the adoption goes well. It will also reduce the work load of the people who work at the shelters. Everybody wins. How often does a government get to make a decision that benefits everyone.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The SPA pushed hard, and the French government listened. As you say, both humans and stray animals will benefit.
I am glad the government listened. I think animal rescue groups have to push right now. We need to be sure that vulnerable animals are not forgotten. Many people will be better when they have a happy new family member to brighten their isolation. Pets are more important to humans than we realized. We knew they mattered, but clearly pets are a lifeline in this crisis.
Catherine

I am glad to hear that happened. It's good to hear shelter animals haven't been forgotten at a time like this. I wish them all happy homes!
This will give the shelter workers who are caring for the animals a much needed break. Everyone will be happier.
Catherine