Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trash Panda encounter
When I can home tonight I walked past my garbage cans. I had something to throw out so I flipped up the lid.
Surprize! A trash panda was sitting in my garbage can

This isn't the actual picture, but it is exactly like it.
[Image: dreamstime_s_57340447.jpg?width=775&heig...531,x0,y61]

I was so startled that I jumped back and the lid banged shut again. So I reached out and flipped the lid open. A young raccoon just sat there looking at me.
Then he climbed out of the can and walked off slowly into the neighbours yard. So I called after him "Are you okay?" After all, he was stuck in a garbage can. 
He stopped and looked at me. Then he walked further. I asked again "are you sure you are okay?". So he stopped again and looked at me. I kept talking to him and he kept stopping and looking at me. He was so cute and he wasn't scared. I don't know if he was actually stuck in the can. He might have been able to push the lid open. He seemed happy to have me open the lid.

They do know how the garbage cans work.
[Image: raccoon-trash-panda-to-danielscissorhands-youtube.jpg]

It was rather rude of me to drop the lid when I first saw him, but I was so surprized. In future at night I will expect  a possible raccoon. I know to watch out for out local skunk at night. We have a lot of things living in the city that only come out at night. He really was a cutie.

If only I had been wearing my trash panda T-shirt. I love our trash pandas. They make the city so much more interesting.

[Image: a5d23802979264c2fffcf9eddc8b62f9.jpg?res...ge=2628000]

There is a lot of trash panda art.

There is a trash panda game.

https://youtu.be/xa7v_O9gC_o

This is cute

[Image: trash-pandas-get-cold-too-330293.jpg]
I think my trash panda was cuter.
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSUdfk5gxxjdABAGAQv5...g&usqp=CAU]

They are the cutest.

[Image: t2n0kp5inef01.jpg]

Now I know why my garbage can lid is open some mornings. Once the lid has flipped fully open a raccoon wouldn't be able to close it.
Mystery solved.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine