Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet tortoise stolen from back yard.
An Alberta family is devastated after someone stole their red footed tortoise from their back yard. Their yard is tortoise proofed and the gates locked. 
Gregory was only alone a short time and it is safe for him to wander the yard alone. He needs the sunshine to stat healthy.
It may be a theft because someone wanted a tortoise or wanted to sell a tortoise. They are not a common pet.
A big fear is that whoever has him will not understand that he is a tortoise and not a turtle. He cannot swim. He has a very heavy shell. If they put him in water, he will drown.
The family just wants him back.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/a...-1.5659155

It is a horrible thing to steal someone`s pet. The animal is part of a loving family. Then suddenly it is with strangers who will not know his needs. The family will suffer from the loss and from fear of what might be happening to their pet. Gregory was happy in his own yard enjoying a sunny day and now who knows what is happening to him. I feel for that family. Pet stealing as a crime should have serious consequences.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Animal theft is a horrible crime because people grieve over the loss of a  beloved pet. They have no idea what has happened, and there is so much worry.
Poor tortoise. I can only hope he will be loved and cared for where he has gone.
There is no further news about the tortoise. I think the biggest fear is that they will think Gregory is a turtle.  He cannot swim and should not be put in water. He also needs lots of fruits and vegetables. If they try to give him turtle food he will starve. I just hope someone recognizes him and calls the police. If someone suddenly has a big red foot tortoise that looks like Gregory, you would be right to wonder where it came from. Maybe they need to offer a reward for his return.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine