Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea confiscates pets dogs as food.
North Korea has frowned upon pet dogs, but has tolerated them. Now Kim Jong-un has ordered people to turn over their dogs so that they can be slaughtered for their meat. Households with dogs have been identified and if the dogs are not given up they are forcibly removed.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/kim-...ed-as-meat

I don't even know what to say about this. Am I surprised by Kim Jong-un's actions? No. It fits everything else he does.
Am I horrified? Yes. It is horrible. People dared to have the comfort of a pet in their lives and now that is being ended in a brutal way.
All those poor dogs are being taken from their loving homes and they will not be treated well. It is brutal, but sadly it is consistent with the brutality of the regime.
My heart goes out to all those poor dogs who are suffering and dying just because their are terrible human beings in the world. Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(08-18-2020, 03:54 PM)Catherine Wrote: It is brutal, but sadly it is consistent with the brutality of the regime.
My heart goes out to all those poor dogs who are suffering and dying just because there are terrible human beings in the world. Smiley19

Exactly my sentiments, too.
This must be so traumatic for the children who have lost their pets. The adults must have known that it was dangerous to keep pets when they have a brutal dictator running their lives. Some part of them must have feared something like this. The children would have been open and trusting of the adults in their lives, including their leader.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/18/this-is-wh...gs-end-up/

The situation is cruel and heartless. If the cause of the situation is food shortages maybe they just need to redistribute things. Kim Jong-un  does not look as if he and his staff have missed any meals.

The world will not forget this and the people of North Korea will not forget this.  Hopefully karma will not forget this.
Catherine

Utterly evil. The country is being seriously mis-managed if there isn't enough food. Horrendous and terrible.
Quote:Utterly evil. The country is being seriously mis-managed if there isn't enough food. Horrendous and terrible.
They have been mismanaged for some time. They have a brutal dictator who controls his people's live down to the smallest detail and in return he provides nothing.
He lives well and his people live poorly.

What is happening with the dogs is terrible, but it is just more of the same for the people who live in North Korea.
Catherine

Sad 
I read this before some days. I don't know what to say, poor dogs. Sad
It is heart breaking. Sadly it is one of many things people in that country suffer. Now also the dogs are suffering.
Catherine