Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China's State Media calling for legislation against animal abuse
China's State Media is calling for animal abuse to be made illegal so animal abusers can be charged. Sadly this is happening in response to a terrible act of cruelty. 
A security guard caged a pregnant cat for stealing a sausage and poured boiling water on her. A passer by stopped him and rushed the car to a vet. The  security guard has since  been fired and his employer has paid money to the rescue group caring for the cat. 

The cat and her 4 unborn kittens died.

A video of the abuse has gone viral, exposing the man for what he did. However, without animal abuse laws the man cannot be charged. Internet exposure is the only tool they have to protect animals.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-state-me...25748.html

In calling for animal abuse laws they are recognizing that there is a link between animal abuse and abuse of humans.
Minimally we are protecting ourselves when we protect animals. Quite bluntly, someone who would pour boiling water on a pregnant cat probably has other failings.
Hopefully China as a society is starting to recognize that it can no longer excuse acts of cruelty against animals. To do so is to allow an element of violence in society that is dangerous to everyone. 
It would be better if they simply recognized that animal cruelty is wrong. Whatever the reasoning, it is still impportant that animal cruelty be recognized as a wrong and be made illegal.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

We have highlighted the issue of no animal welfare laws in China numerous times on this forum. Hopefully *at last* something may get done.
Quote:We have highlighted the issue of no animal welfare laws in China numerous times on this forum. Hopefully *at last* something may get done.
I don't know if they will finally do something. I do think they are admitting that they need to do something. When you think where they started from, this is progress. Sadly that doesn't help animals that need help now.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine