Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello :)
Hello! I'm new onto this forum though I'm on a few other animal forums haha

I hope to be able to help by answering questions, and if I have any asking some of my own Big Grin

I currently own a hamster and a bearded dragon. And I would definitely say hamsters are my strong-suit in animal knowledge so you can probably find me in that subforum haha.

Anyway glad to be here Smile
Welcome to the Forum.  I have had hamsters in the past and I currently have a bearded dragon. What kind of hamster do you have. I always liked having hamsters. I have a bunny and a guinea pig now and a few other things. It will be good to hear from someone who has a hamster and of course your bearded dragon. I love beardies. I look forward to hearing about your pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(12-17-2020, 03:59 PM)Catherine Wrote: Welcome to the Forum.  I have had hamsters in the past and I currently have a bearded dragon. What kind of hamster do you have. I always liked having hamsters. I have a bunny and a guinea pig now and a few other things. It will be good to hear from someone who has a hamster and of course your bearded dragon. I love beardies. I look forward to hearing about your pets.

Thanks for the welcome Smile

I have a female roborovski (About 1yr 4mo old) Big Grin
She's my first hamster, rehomed to me by a friend, but I'm dedicated to giving great care! Definetly going to own some more in the future. I'm looking into building a DIY cage Big Grin  (It'll hopefully be around 1700sqin and at least 30" tall)

My beardie also happens to be just over a year old as well haha, she's our first of beardies Smile
Currently, she lives in a 40gal, but we are upgrading soon to hopefully at least 120gal  

It's awesome you used to have hamsters! And even more awesome the pets you have now!
WOW! You have a Roborovski Hamster. I have never actually seen one. I bred the Campbell's dwarf hamsters for 11 years. They are tiny, but they are much bigger than a Roborovski  hamster. I bet she is beautiful. I love the little "pocket pets". I had so much fun with my hamsters. They are so cute.

I have had a succession of rescue guinea pigs for the last 15 years. One summer I ended up with 11 piggies. That was a wild time. Now I just have 3 year old Boris.
He was dumped in a box in the winter on the steps of a reptile store at 4 months old. I volunteer at the store so I take any guinea pigs that are left with us. He is a big old boar now and quite fat and happy. I am sure there are more guinea pigs in my future. 

My beardie is part of a clutch the store took in. He is missing a front leg. Baby bearded dragons get very excited about food and they can bite a toe or tail tip  from a sibling. Sadly sometimes a leg gets bitten off. It can happen to the last baby that hatches. Carlo is doing okay and he is about 6 months old. I usually take any reptile that is injured. I have to set him up in a special way so that he can get around the tank with his handicap. I can't give him anything too high to climb on because he could fall. It is a front leg that is missing and that does make it hard for him.

Your beardie is doing very well. A 40 gal tank is good, but a 120 is a palace. She will love it. You will be able to give her room to climb and a good sized water source, if she likes water. Bearded dragons are so sweet. You have many years of fun with her. When the weather is nice you can take her out for a walk. You walk she rides, but it is still it is a walk.  Since you have a female you can always get another beardie. There is room for two in a 120 gal.

So what are your pets names?
Catherine

Warmest greetings, Berry!
Hello, and a warm welcome to our forum Berry! 43
I think I see a cat in there too....? (on your avatar picture.) Smiley4
(12-18-2020, 05:12 PM)Catherine Wrote: So what are your pets names?
I didn't name either of them haha but:
Hamster - Tater Tott
Beardie - Roxy

(12-18-2020, 10:23 PM)LPC Wrote: Warmest greetings, Berry!
Thanks! Smile

(12-19-2020, 02:14 AM)Tobi Wrote: Hello, and a warm welcome to our forum Berry! 43
I think I see a cat in there too....? (on your avatar picture.) Smiley4
Thanks! The cat isn't mine, unfortunately, my family has some allergies to cats (and dogs) but that cat is our neighbors and comes to visit our yard often haha
I love the name Tater Tott. That is so perfect for a little Robo.
Roxy is a good name for a beardie.  My little guy is Carlo. 
I like giving beardies real names. They have real personalities and they need proper names.

The cat is pretty. Even if she is not yours you can really enjoy her visits. Cats are funny that way. They can have a home and they can have a set of good friends who they visit. You get all the fun with no litter box responsibilities.
Catherine

(12-21-2020, 05:23 PM)Catherine Wrote: I love the name Tater Tott. That is so perfect for a little Robo.
Roxy is a good name for a beardie.  My little guy is Carlo. 
I like giving beardies real names. They have real personalities and they need proper names.

The cat is pretty. Even if she is not yours you can really enjoy her visits. Cats are funny that way. They can have a home and they can have a set of good friends who they visit. You get all the fun with no litter box responsibilities.

Thanks haha, Carlo is such a good name!

Hmm... I do get the fun, but it seems our yard is now her litter box- haha, I love her though even if she's not mine <3
Quote:Hmm... I do get the fun, but it seems our yard is now her litter box- haha, I love her though even if she's not mine <3
Smiley4 Cats are like that.

My little bunny has a litter pan in his own enclosure and he uses it.  When he is out and about free roaming, he goes into the guinea pig enclosure and uses a corner. So I put a pan in that corner. The rabbit uses that litter pan. In fact he prefers to use that litter pan. He keeps his own pan clean. Smiley4 
The guinea pig ignores the whole thing.  

Our pets are funny.
Catherine