Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pensioner attacked and dog stolen
This is so shocking. An old guy was out walking his dog in a London park. Two young guys ran up and beat him and stole his dog. He is traumatized by the incident and he is devastated by the loss of his dog. He got the dog to help him cope with mental health issues and now he has a new stress and no dog to help him cope.
He has offered a large reward for the return of his dog.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-...d-23327025

This is a horrible thing to have happen to anyone.  It is worse that it is an older man who depended on his dog as an emotional support animal.  Sadly dog thefts have been on the increase, not just in the UK, but in other countries. The demand for dogs has risen and  people are willing to pay high prices for any dog. That makes a dog a temptation for thieves. There is a market for dogs, even possibly stolen dogs. 

I hope the dog is found and the thieves caught. I also hope people who want a dog will be responsible and be sure they are not buying a stolen dog. 
If no one will buy a stolen dog, it will not be worth stealing them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

An attractive dog, which is doubtless why he was stolen. The thieves, however, are probably just foolish thugs, as the dog has been microchipped and it is highly unlikely that anyone would pay big money for a dog whose microchip does not match the person selling him. I hope they will realise this and leave him outside an animal refuge somewhere.
The dog's picture has been made public so it would be dangerous to keep him.  The reward is even more incentive to return the dog somehow. 
I hope we hear soon that the dog is back home.

Definitely thugs. No one beats up an old guy walking his dog without incurring the wrath of everyone around them. Their friends could turn them in for the reward.
They deserve it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-19-2021, 03:10 PM)Catherine Wrote: The dog's picture has been made public so it would be dangerous to keep him.  The reward is even more incentive to return the dog somehow. 
I hope we hear soon that the dog is back home.

Definitely thugs. No one beats up an old guy walking his dog without incurring the wrath of everyone around them. Their friends could turn them in for the reward.
They deserve it.
Yes it would be better the dog is back home. But if someone find him and return it get the reward and after that someone beats that guy wouldn't that be unfair?