Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets stolen by people posing as SSPCA inspectors
People in Scotland are being warned about people posing as SSPCA inspectors. The bogus inspectors remove dogs from people's homes. 
Since they are not with the SSPCA there is no way to  know what has happened to the animals. If anyone is approached by a supposed SSPCA inspector, they should  check ID and vehicle registration. They should also contact the SSPCA and verify that the inspector really is from the SSPCA. 

If anyone has already had a pet taken they should contact the SSPCA who will contact the police.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-...s-19786938

This is terrible. There is such a demand for pets that people are stealing dogs so they can sell them. This is more than a simple theft. This shows some organization. They are using a vehicle with the SSPCA logo on it. It would be horrifying to lose a pet this way. You would always wonder what happened to your pet.

I would hope anyone buying a dog would be careful to verify that the person selling the dog  actually owns the dog. There are a lot of scams out there. Scammers are taking deposits for animals that do not exist. This is a particularly nasty scam. People are being tricked into buying stolen pets. If the pet was microchipped it might be identified later. In fact given that pets are being stolen, it would be a good time to have your pet microchipped.

I hope that there are able to catch these people and put an end to this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is a  very heartless crime.
I always think that it is particukarly heartbreaking for a dog to be stolen, because no-one ever knows what happened to it.
I hope these people are caught as soon as possible.
It is a terrible thing for people to have a pet stolen. They would always wonder what happened to their pet.
I hope there is some way to catch the thieves.  Maybe if the pets are micro chipped  they will find there way home eventually.
With all the thefts lately, micro chipping looks like a good idea.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine