Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
¿Cuál es el animal más "animal"?
Smiley17  Imagine an "animal" in your mind right now. How does it look? A dog? A lion? Maybe a sloth, a pangolin, a naked mole rat, or even a human? Chances are you might have imagined a mammal, which is understandable since we are mammals after all, but there is so much more animal life out there! Today we are going to try to find out what that "average" animal would really look like: its size, what it eats, how many legs it has, if it even has a head, if it flies, walks or nothing, you get the idea. And what we will find might surprise you, or maybe not, they are quite common after all! But what we will also discover along the way is that what we think on average is based on what we KNOW and there is still a lot of animal life to identify. So maybe if you're seeing this in five years after you've identified a ton of new nematode species, our answer will be totally different! ???????? ?????  ?  ? ??

https://<<>>/JecBf4bE
Good point. We tend to think of what we know. I might think of a raccoon and someone from Australia might think of a kangaroo. That doesn't mean I don't know about the many other species on our planet. I just think of the most common and noticeable in my life. I might have thought of a sparrow. They are very common here.
It would be pretty hard to think of an average animal. There are too many different kinds of animals alive right now. If you add extinct animals to the mix then even naming an average size would be impossible.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine