Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures of really old pets.
Some of these pets are beyond old. They are ancient. Some are really showing their ages. Some are newly adopted in their senior years. 
They are all delightful and very much loved.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sydrobinson1/am...enior-pets

I love old pets. They have given so much for so many years and yet they are still giving.  My neighbour had an old border collie. She bought a special harness/coat that had a handle in the middle of the back. When they walked together  she could hold the dog up by the handle. It made it look like the dog was walking. Towards the end the dog could barely walk ten feet, but she still kept her dignity. Sadly she has crossed the rainbow bridge after a very long loving life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How good of your neighbour to care so much about her dog, that even with his/her limitations and frailties, she was still able to provide a good quality of life. Dogs just love walks, even when they are old and disabled. Even ten feet is a happy walkies for a dog who still wants to do some living.

Blessings to the old Border Collie.  Happy Rainbow Bridge, dog, where you are not old and frail any more and can run all you like!
And to your neighbour for her kindness.
I have some beautiful neighbours. Watching her walk her old dog was so sweet. We all knew how old and frail the dog was and everyone was happy to see her doing her best to have a walk. We never let on that we knew she couldn't walk on her own anymore. It was sad when she passed, but it was time and she went peacefully.

I think it is special when people adopt old pets in their last years. They bring them home to give them a good ending to their story. Heart
It is a beautiful, unselfish thing to do.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine