Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets of the homeless are well cared for
A recent study assessed the medical records from clinics that serve the pets of the homeless. They compared them to the records of pets that were seen at private clinics, The pets of the homeless are well cared for and had overall good health. Their health was comparable to  pets that live in more fortunate settings. 
The conclusion is that homeless people do good job of looking after their pets. They put their pets needs ahead of their own. Homeless people are with their pets all the time and they will do anything for them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.6216441

This is good to know. I pass homeless people with pets regularly. They look well and now I know they are generally well.
They don't have expensive designer dog coats, but their people do their best by them.

The sweetest thing I have seen was a street guy and his dog one winter. It was cold and the guy had adapted a pink child's snow suit into a dog coat. The dog was wearing it very proudly. His person loved him enough to make him a winter coat. It was a warm coat and the fit was right. The dog was a pitbull. 
A pitbull in a pink child's snow suit is a sight I will long remember.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine