Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid workers in China killed a quarantined woman's dog
Covid workers in China broke into a woman's apartment while she was in quarantine for covid. Some people had tested positive for covid in the building, so everyone was quarantined. The workers came into her apartment and brutally beat her dog to death with a crow bar. The owner was able to watch online, but was helpless to stop it.
The dog was never tested for covid and the woman tested negative.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/china/chi...index.html

We could understand if out of medical necessity the dog had to be removed from the home and euthanized. That could have been done quietly and humanely if it was absolutely necessary. What happened in this case was a brutal slaughter for no reason at all.  There is no doubt that the government has no regard for the rights of its citizens. It has no respect for animal welfare. We expect them to fail to do the right thing. This incident however just goes too far. The whole thing is brutal and a total disregard any decency. The people who did this are not really medical staff, they are thugs who are capable of killing a dog with a crowbar.
I don't know if anything can be done to stop this from happening again. There needs to be some serious changes and I doubt that is going to happen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(11-17-2021, 04:40 PM)Catherine Wrote: I don't know if anything can be done to stop this from happening again. There needs to be some serious changes and I doubt that is going to happen.
Sadly, nothing can be done - and one can only hope for the future. The thugs who killed the dog were clearly acting on instructions from above, even if officially denied. There have been similar cases in the past.

The problem lies in the nature of the regime in China. The State controls everything and citizens (nearly everyone - except for the rare independent spirits) do as they are told - or face severe punishment.

I can't see much changing in such cases until the regime changes.
Quote:I can't see much changing in such cases until the regime changes.

You are right. Who knows when a change will take place. Eventually there will be a change. No government lasts forever. Until then we can push for animal rights. It could help a little. At least it will make the government aware that many people care about animals. I don't know if it will help the situation for animals right now. It could have a small effect on a local level.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine