Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Big Bunnies!
I have never heard of Continental Giant Rabbits. Apparently the family who has them started out in Toronto. I would love to have seen them. 
They can weight 25 pounds and they are as big as a dog. The family moved to Nova Scotia and now has a number of the rabbits. They even raise them.
They are definitely the biggest rabbits in Nova Scotia.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot...-1.6252766

It is interesting that they are a calm rabbit. At that size, they don't need to get excited. I could see them as an emotional support animal or a visiting therapy animal. Who wouldn't smile at the sight of a giant rabbit. Just looking at a big overstuff bunny like that is enough to make you laugh. 

Not too many people would have room for a rabbit like that. Someone doing therapy work could consider it.
I would love to just see them. I doubt I could even lift one. I could sit down with it though. That would be nice.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Continental giants are the largest breed of rabbit in the world and can get as heavy as 50 pounds. (Submitted by Christopher Poirier) Continental giants, the largest breed of rabbit in the world, are similar to Flemish giants, only bigger. They also have slightly different features that give them that "stuffed animal, cute fluffy face," said Grey.
They may be big, but they really still look like fluffy bunnies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine