Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instagram influencers clone their pets.
There is an odd trend out there for people to become Instagram Influencers by having an interesting pet. Large numbers of people "follow" the daily activities of these pets.
Now there is a new trend. When the famous pet dies, the Instagram influencer has their pet cloned. 
They continue their accounts and their influence with the new pet.

https://www.inputmag.com/culture/instagr...-cats-dogs

I am still trying to understand the concept of Instagram Influencer. Actually I don't even do Instagram. My life is too busy for me to watch what someone else does with their day.
When you add cloning to that, I am speechless......almost.
I understand missing a pet. Loss is hard. A clone isn't really a replacement. It looks like the missing pet, but it isn't. I almost think it would be harder to have a clone. Wouldn't it be a frustrating, constant reminder to have a clone?

The cloned pet wouldn't be exactly the same so would that really work for Instagram?

Wouldn't it make more sense to adopt a pet and make a big deal about it and see if the  so called followers  stay with you. The money saved could be donated to animal shelters or other animal causes.

Just a thought, is it a good thing if your life is spent posting pictures of your pet  online so you can get others to spend their time looking at the pictures you post.  All I can think of is "Get a life!".
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine