Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condors return to Northern California after 100+ years absence
California Condors have not been seen i Northern California since 1892. They were almost extinct in southern California. It took years of serious conservation efforts to save the Condors and increase their numbers in Southern California. In 2008 work began to determine if the Condors could survive in Northern California and to prepare for their eventual release. There are now four young Condors living in a release center in a remote part of the redwood forest. They will be closely monitored after their release. Others will be released in the future. If all goes well they will slowly spread out and Condors will once again grace the Northern California skies

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022...urok-tribe

This is wonderful news. I remember when they were racing to save the species from extinction. It was close. Now there are hundreds of birds in  the southern California skies. This is the next step. In the early years I doubt if they dared to dream of this day. The Condors, like many large predators, will help stabilize the ecosystem. Everyone will benefit. I look forward to posting about the success of the release and further releases. I look forward to articles about the effects the birds will have on the land. Someday the Condors will be restored to their full range. Thumbsupsmileyanim
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's wonderful they're magnificent birds.
It is nice to get good news about conservation efforts.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine