Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basenji: A goood breed for an appartement dog?
Hello, hello! 

I hope you guys and girls are well! I wanted to know if anyone had ever had a basenji? 

I live in france in an appartement on the ground floor with a little garden. My garden if of 10 square meters. I know these kind of dogs can need a large amount of workout. I would be able to take care of him and walk him/her only in the morning before work (9am) and once I come back (7pm). And would be with him/her every satruday and sunday during week-end and tuesday thanks to remote work. 

Would you say that would be enough presence and enough room for a basenji? I haven't had a dog on my own since I left my parent's house and want to get it right. 

I'll take any advice Smile

Cheers!
I know the Basenji is a beautiful dog. They are not too big and they are quiet. 

https://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/dog-breeds/basenji

I would think a Basenji would make a good pet. You have a garden for the dog to play in and you could have good walks together. After a long day at work, walking a dog would be good for you both. Can you get a Basenji where you are? Some breeds are hard to get.
I actually saw someone walking a Basenji today. He was very well behaved and very smart looking.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine