Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jasmine & Cupid's Babies
Quote:They certainly are clever. I have to put clips on the doors of the cages to stop them opening them. Fidget is the worst for that. He will pull the door open and then stick his head through it Undecided

I think the difference with the guinea pigs and hamsters regarding escaping is the piggies are opportunist, they see an opportunity to go for it and they do. Hamsters plan their escape Smiley4 well mine do!

Fidget is true to his name. He fidgets the door until he opens it.Smiley4 If he ever figures out where he wants to go nothing will stop him.

You are right, hamsters plan. I have dwarfies set up alternate living spaces. They work out ways to escape and then store food elsewhere just in case. So an escaped hamster does not need to come back for days. They do things like block the wheel with bedding and climb it or pile things up so they can climb the water bottle.
Guinea pigs get out and they sit there. It takes them time to realize that they can walk on the floor. Robbie may have gone wild, but it took him weeks to figure it out.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine