Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog inspires artist to get off the streets
Dolan was on the streets, a drug addict, and bought a pup for the price of a can of beer.
This dog, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier then began to star in Dolan's sketches, which he sold. As time went by, the pictures became very popular, and now Dolan (plus George -the dog) can afford to live in a house!

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/07/forme...f-his-dog/
Once again a dog turns out to be a man's best friend.
Maybe his art "took off" because he had something to draw that he had a personal connection to. He gave the dog a good life and the dog gave him something to say in his art.
I am glad it worked out for them both.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Ah, hah! I saw the thread title and knew who had posted it without looking! It is a wonderful and inspiring story and shows how dogs can truly turn a person's life around. Dolan showed love to the dog, but got not only love in return but also inspiration for his art work. Bravo! Heart
When you give love to a pet, especially a dog, it comes back to you a thousand fold.
Catherine

Yes Catherine, I think it does. I think love is our true wealth. Any animal will help us in that respect, as we befriend and communicate with them selflessly. But dogs have it off-pat!
Dogs are our secret guardian angels.Angel
Am I right? And some are not so secret.
I don't even have a dog, but I have special dogs in my life. Dogs have enough love to share with many other people.Heart

In this case it gave the guy a real life with purpose and security and a good future. In return the dog just wants love and food and a place to sleep. I call that a bargain.
Catherine