Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath time!
Wink 
I gave all my piggies a bath today. They are pretty good about it, but wet piggies look so miserable.

Flora after her bath.
[Image: IMG_0575.JPG]
Even wet she looks dignified.
[Image: IMG_0576.JPG]
Murray looks so tragic, but he is so good about it.
[Image: IMG_0579.JPG]
He even stands there under the running water while I rinse him.
[Image: IMG_0580.JPG]
Look at that face. Murray is funny.
[Image: IMG_0581.JPG]
He is off to join Flora.
[Image: IMG_0584.JPG]
He always asks her first if he can join her.
[Image: IMG_0585.JPG]
Wet pigs together.
[Image: IMG_0589.JPG]
Robbie is not so happy about running water.
[Image: IMG_0582.JPG]
Lambert looks like such a waif when he is wet.
[Image: IMG_0591.JPG]
Talk about bad hair day.
[Image: IMG_0592.JPG]
Rosebert does not like a bath, but he does not fight it.
[Image: IMG_0594.JPG]
Father and son together.
[Image: IMG_0595.JPG]
Help...get me out of here!
[Image: IMG_0596.JPG]
Why me!
[Image: IMG_0597.JPG]
Finally it is over.
[Image: IMG_0600.JPG]
Wet piggies together.
[Image: IMG_0603.JPG]
Back home at last.
[Image: IMG_0604.JPG]

I have a pile of wet towels and six clean pigs. I think that is a fair exchange.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Awww! LOL! Look at Murray's face! So sad Smiley3

Lambert is the funniest one Smiley4

Clean Piggies! Wow.

Misty hated baths to the extreme. She also hated falling in the river. I didn't give her many baths, and it was ok because she always smelled sweet. But used to put water on her before we went out in hot weather.
She looked like Murray does about that.

Great photos Catherine, thank you. It's so nice to see all the Piggies at bath time!
Murray always looks so tragic, but he is a happy go lucky pig. He was content to stand under the running water. When we were done he wandered his way down the kitchen to Flora and had a nice visit with her.
Robbie always looks happy, but he does not like a bath. Oddly he was the dirtiest.Smiley4

Lambert is a long haired Peruvian guinea pig. I cut his hair because he does not like grooming. He looks funny when wet, but it all fluffs up pretty good.
Rosebert is shy and reserved and like his mother, he does not like bath time.
Norbert tried to climb out of the sink. He is really like his mother even though he looks like dad(Pigbert).

They don't really mind baths. I think they like to be clean and guinea pigs can get really dirty. I have a special guinea pig shampoo called Squeaky Clean. It does make them smell nice.

Funny that Misty didn't like baths. Some dogs at least like water. She just knew that she could keep clean without all that bother.
Catherine

Wet piggies always look delightful even if they don't feel it!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
They manage to look so tragic. Murray looks like he is long suffering, but he is standing under the running water and he doesn't even move.
They don't dislike baths, They just dislike being disturbed. They love a clean cage, but they act just as tragic about cage cleaning, even though I clean every day.Smiley4
Catherine

I guess they like things the way they are, and are unsure about changes? Even though when the changes are over, they appreciate the new environment and clean fur!

Misty was an odd dog, in the way that she never smelled 'doggy'. I often wonder if it was because I DIDN'T give her many baths, in order to not remove her natural oils (and because she hated them, partly) -and she had a self-cleaning system going on....It's a mystery. Or it might have been because she was always in grass, most of the hours of the day. I really don't know.
Also -fortunately- she had an aversion to anything 'dirty' (like cow muck etc) and never ever rolled in anything. It was amusing to watch her traversing a field where cows had been....side-stepping all the 'pats'.
She got about 2 baths a year on average.
But oh boy....did she get wiped down with wet and dry kitchen paper when she had been out on a rainy day. Her belly & legs used to get mud splashed, and I wouldn't let her in until I had got it off her! She hated that too lol
Misty was too classy to smell like a wet dog. Maybe fresh grass helps keep a dog's coat clean or at least doesn't get it dirty in the first place. There would almost be an herbal smell from being out on the grass.

I never thought about rubbing an animal down with kitchen paper. I can see how it would work for a dog. I wonder if it would help with a guinea pig. Animals get dirty, even the really clean ones.

Good thing for Misty that she stayed clean. When dogs hate baths, they really hate them. I love the visual image of her working her way across a field avoiding the cow patties. Most dogs are drawn right to them.
Catherine

Misty got rained on a lot, and worked her way through long grass most days. I think the combination worked like Mother Nature's Car Wash (Or Dog Wash! lol) You know....the jets of water,plus those rotating brushes....Because whenever she did get a bath I was surprised there wasn't much dirt off her!
Quote:Misty got rained on a lot, and worked her way through long grass most days. I think the combination worked like Mother Nature's Car Wash (Or Dog Wash! lol) You know....the jets of water,plus those rotating brushes....Because whenever she did get a bath I was surprised there wasn't much dirt off her!

You are right, it was mother nature's "dog wash". Maybe that is how dogs keep clean in the wild. How clever of Misty to make use of what nature provided.

I don't know what guinea pigs are supposed to do in the wild, but they get very dirty living with people. I clean their enclosures every day and I still can't believe how dirty they are when I bath them. Flora, the female, is much cleaner, but even she needs a bath.
Catherine