Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Catherine!
Thank-you and good morning sis. You can toast me with morning coffee for now. We can get into the interesting stuff later.

If the weather holds I will be outside in the garden for awhile. This is the prettiest time of year and I love a chance to work on the landscaping. I only have a city yard, but I have made it into a little woodland park. I just made sure I planted small things. It is so nice to have time to just be here and enjoy it.

The animals like having me around and I am enjoying having time to be with them. I actually have time to watch my Bearded Dragon eat the breakfast that I prepared for him. I could sure get used to this pace of life.Smile
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Happy birthday, dear Catherine. Have a lovely day and a wonderful year ahead.

Thinking of you ...
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Thank-you dear Knight. Your best wishes mean a lot to me.
Catherine

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

It sounds like you've got an exciting week lined up!! Lunar eclipses, new trees, lots of food. What's not to love? Smiley4
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Thank-you, I am having fun.
I planted three trees yesterday and I went back to the garden centre for mulch and fell in love with another little Japanese Maple. It looks perfect in my garden.
Now I am all scrubbed and ready to go for dinner. I have even had time to watch movies and PBS specials(thanks to Netflix).

If it is too cloudy to see the eclipse, I am sure someone will post it on YouTube.
There is lots to do that is interesting and I am having a good week off.

Birthdays are definitely worth it.Smiley4
Catherine

It is lovely to have a week off to do what you like.
I had a look at the moon at different times in the night, but didn't see anything happening. There was some cloud, and some clear spells. I checked to see what time it would happen in the UK but didn't get a clear answer about that. Now I wonder if it was visible in the UK, and perhaps only in US and Canada.
I think this time the eclipse was visible in North America, some time around 4am. It was raining heavy so I gave up and went to bed.

There are good video and pictures from other locations so we may as well look at what we missed.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/07/...y-morning/

It is sunny today, but cold. The rain last night may have stopped me from seeing the eclipse, but it did water my new trees. That is more important right now.
Catherine

Happy (belated) birthday Catherine! Hope you had a lovely day. I am an Autumn baby too, my favourite time of year Smile
Pity about the eclipse up there. I got to see some of it here but then it got too cloudy Sad but what I saw was pretty cool! There's always next year, don't forget!
Thank-you for your greetings. I always consider the whole week to be my birthday. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is on the first Monday after my birthday and I have always treated that as my special holiday.

I think Autumn babies have it lucky. The leaves turn colour and everything is so crisp and bright. I think that is why I like colour so much. Does Australia have the same experience of fall that we have in Canada. All the leaves change to reds, yellows, oranges, browns and some shades that I can't even name and then they fall and it is like a colourful rain. When you walk through them they crunch. All our colour vegetables, like pumpkins and squash are ripe. It is a golden orange time of year.[Image: t120006.gif][Image: t120007.gif][Image: t120005.gif]
Catherine